Learn how to set up and use the SyncUP PETS.
On this page:
SyncUP PETS App
Check out SyncUP PETS app for all the info you need on using the SyncUP PETS app, such as creating an account, adding pets, notification settings, and more!
SyncUP PETS device how tos
- Turn the tracker counter-clockwise to remove it from the collar mount.
- Connect the charging dock to the wall charger with the USB cable and plug it in. The tracker turns on automatically, and the LED turns solid green when fully charged.
To turn the SyncUP PETS device on...
- Press and hold the button on the back of the device or place the device on the charger until the device light is white.
- If the SyncUP PETS device does not turn on:
- Place the device on the charger and wait up to a minute until the device turns on and beeps.
- Remove from the chargers and press the button on the bottom of the device.
- Check the color of the device light. See SyncUP PETS buttons & status lights.
- Check the charger connection (USB and cradle). Confirm the original charger is being used, as other chargers may cause issues.
- If the issue continues, file a warranty exchange.
To turn the SyncUP PETS device off...
Press and hold the button on the back of the device for at least ten (10) seconds. At three (3) seconds, the device will beep and flash blue. Keep holding the button until it flashes purple to turn off.
- Attach one of the short ends of a single band to any tab on the collar mount.
- Place the collar mount (with attached band) on the top of your pet's collar.
- Pull the unattached end of the band under the collar and attach it to the tab on the other side of the collar mount.
- Insert the tracker into the collar mount. Turn it clockwise until it locks. Turn the tracker counter-clockwise to remove.
Buttons & status lights
Tracker device button
|One short press||Update location data.|
|Two short presses||Exit pairing mode.|
|Three short presses||Manually start firmware update over Wi-Fi.|
|Six short presses||Reboot device.|
|Long press (4 seconds)||Enable Bluetooth pairing mode (the device will beep and the LED light will flash blue).|
|Long press (10 seconds)||Enter Sleep/Wake mode (device will beep at 4 seconds, and then again at 10 seconds and LED light will stop flashing).|
|Five short presses + Five short presses + One long press (4 seconds)||Factory reset.|
Use the tracker LED indicator to determine the status of the device.
|Color||Flashing / Solid||Meaning|
|Blue||Flashing every 1 seconds||Bluetooth Pairing|
|Blue||Solid for 10 seconds||Bluetooth successfully paired|
|Red||Flashing||The Device is charging, and battery level is < 30%|
|Yellow||Flashing||The Device is charging and battery level is >= 30% and < 80%|
|Green||Flashing||The Device is charging and battery level is >= 80% and < 90%|
|Green||Solid||The Device is charging and battery level is >= 90%|
|Purple||Double Flash||Entering Sleep or Button Press while in Sleep Mode|
|White||Solid||Turn on during duration of reboot process|
|White||Flashes 2 times||When factory default be triggered|
Enable a device light to better see your pet in the dark and help find lost pets after the sun has gone down. To enable Device light:
- Select the Device light icon on your home screen.
- The light will not turn off automatically but will notify you if it is on for an extended amount of time.
Battery life expectations
The expected battery life is up to 8 days.
- Multiple factors may impact the life of the battery, including:
- Tracking mode
- High activity
- Device light
- For optimal battery life, connect the device to Wi-Fi whenever possible to allow the device to go into power-saving mode.
- Third-party chargers or charging cables are not recommended, as they can cause connection issues and take longer to charge, which may impact battery life.
- The SyncUP PETS device must have the most updated software version to ensure it receives any potential bug or defect fixes that could impact battery life.
- The device must be connected to Wi-Fi and the charger to receive updates.
- If you are using a new device since the initial setup, you may need to go through the pairing process again to connect the device to Wi-Fi again.
Was this helpful?