If a SIM PIN security code has been entered incorrectly multiple times, the SIM will lock and require you to enter a PUK code to use your device again. Be careful! If you incorrectly enter your PUK code 10 times, your SIM will need to be replaced.
- If you get a prompt about a PUK code or your SIM being locked, Contact Customer Care to request your PUK code.
- If you're prompted to enter the PUK code, enter it.
- You may need to attempt a phone call before you are prompted to enter the code.
- Follow the steps to create a new SIM PIN for your security. You must enter it twice.
- If you're not prompted to enter a PUK code, open the phone dialer and call **05*[PUK]*[New PIN]*[New PIN]#.
- Where it says [PUK], enter your PUK code.
- Where it says [New PIN], enter a new SIM PIN. You must enter it twice.
Was this helpful?