A Device Unlock enables T-Mobile equipment to use a non-T-Mobile SIM card to connect to a different international or domestic network. This can also be known as a SIM unlock, network unlock, or carrier unlock.
On this page:
- Device Lock status determines what networks a device can use to make calls, send messages, and use data.
- Locked devices can only be used on the network of the wireless provider that sold the device.
- Unlocked devices can be used with any carrier that supports its network type.
- Not all devices are compatible with every mobile network, unlocked devices may work differently depending on the carrier’s network.
- Traveling internationally? Many T-Mobile plans include benefits and service when traveling internationally. See International Roaming services to learn more.
- A device unlock is not a security feature, for security locks see:
- Log into your MyT-Mobile account using a web browser.
Note: This option is not currently available on the T-Mobile app.
- Click Account from the top left of the screen.
- Select the line of service using the device.
- Click Check device unlock status under the Device details to check your status:
- Device unlocked: You're good to go! The can be used with compatible SIM cards.
- Device locked: This device can only be used on the T-Mobile Network. See Eligibility & requirements below.
Contact us if you:
- You received a warranty or device protection replacement device and your original device was eligible to be unlocked.
- You are military personal deployed overseas and your account is in good standing. Deployment papers can be provided to our Care department to process a device unlock.
All other requests must meet the below account and device requirements to be unlocked:
|The device must have been purchased by T-Mobile||
|The device must be paid in full.||
|The device IMEI cannot be blocked||
|The device must have sufficient usage on your T-Mobile account.|
The device must have been active on the account for at least one year.
Exception: T-Mobile prepaid devices are eligible to be unlocked after $100 in refills have been applied to each active line on the account after the device was purchased.
- Make sure you are connected to the T-Mobile network or Wi-Fi.
- Swipe up on your Home screen to open the Apps tray and follow the steps below:
- Newer devices: Settings > Connections > More Connection Settings
- Older devices: Use the Device Unlock app pre-installed on your device. If you do not have this app, your device is unlocked or it is on a 2019 or newer OS.
- OnePlus (6T and newer): Settings >Wi-Fi & internet > SIM & network
- T-Mobile REVVLRY: Settings >Network & Internet > Mobile network > Advanced
- Google Pixel: Locate the T-Mobile Device Unlock (Google Pixel Only), this can be downloaded from the play store.
- Select Network Unlock.
- Select Permanent Unlock
- Wait while the device completes the unlock.
- Restart the device.
- Contact us if:
- You do not see the apps or settings listed for your device.
- You meet the eligibility requirements but cannot unlock your device.
- You have a device not listed above.
- Verify your device meets the unlock requirements.
- Have your device IMEI ready, you can find this on your MyT-Mobile or dial *#06# from your device.
- Contact your Team of Experts by dialing 1-877-746-0909.
- When your Device Unlock is ready, you will receive an unlock notification via email.
- Once you have received your confirmation email:
- Android: See Android On-Device unlock
- Apple: Insert a non T-Mobile SIM card into your device and complete the first-time use.
- All other devices: Steps vary by device.
- Search for and click on your device How-Tos page.Scroll down and click Security.
- Select Mobile Device Unlock.
- Follow the instructions provided