Learn how to unlock your wireless mobile device for use on other carriers (formerly "SIM Unlock").
- Your device and account must meet the eligibility requirements to qualify for an unlock code.
- If you have an Android device, check your Device How Tos under Security to see if you have Mobile Device Unlock App.
- Once you've confirmed you're eligible, proceed to step 3.
- Log into your My T-Mobile account. In the My Line section, click your device name to access the Check device unlock status option.
- If your device type is listed as unknown (including BYOD devices), click View Account. In the account overview page, scroll down to Lines and Devices. Select the appropriate line and click Check device unlock status option.
- Dial *#06# on your device and write down the IMEI number that displays.
- You must be the billing responsible party or authorized user to request an unlock.
- Give us a call at 1-877-746-0909 or use the T-Mobile app to contact us.
- Must be a T-Mobile device. T-Mobile cannot unlock a non-T-Mobile device.
- The device must not be reported as lost, stolen, or blocked.
- The account associated currently using the device must be in good standing.
- You have requested no more than two mobile device unlock codes per line of service in the last 12 months.
- T-Mobile may request proof of purchase or additional information in its discretion and certain other exceptions may apply.
- The device must have been active on the T-Mobile network for at least 40 days on the requesting line.
- The device must be paid in full.
- For canceled accounts, the account balance must be zero.
- The device must have been active on the account for at least one year;
- If the device is active for less than a year, the Prepaid account using the device must have at least $100 in refills per line since the date the requested device was first used. (For example, an account with 4 lines needs $400 of refills since the device first-use date.)
- Deployed military personnel in good standing are eligible to have their devices unlocked upon provision of deployment papers.
- Exceptions to some or all requirements may apply in other circumstances for Business and Government Accounts.
- To obtain an unlock code for a non T-Mobile device you must contact the original mobile carrier or manufacturer.
- Not all devices are compatible with every mobile carrier, your device may not operate the same on a different carrier’s network once unlocked.
- For more information about T-Mobile’s network compatibility requirements, see Bring Your Own Device.