A Device Unlock enables T-Mobile equipment to use a non-T-Mobile SIM card to connect to a different international or domestic network. This may also be known as a SIM unlock, network unlock, or carrier unlock.
On this page:
- Device lock status determines what networks a device can use to make calls, send messages, and use data.
- Locked devices can only be used on the network of the wireless provider that sold the device.
- Unlocked devices can be used with any carrier that supports its network type.
- Not all devices are compatible with every mobile network, unlocked devices may work differently depending on the carrier’s network.
- Traveling internationally? Many T-Mobile plans include benefits and service when traveling internationally. See International Roaming services to learn more.
- A device unlock is not a security feature, for security locks see:
- For more information on T-Mobile's approach to device unlocking, see Device Unlock Policy.
- Log into your MyT-Mobile account using a web browser.
Note: This option is not currently available on the T-Mobile app.
- Click Account from the top left of the screen.
- Select the line of service using the device.
- Click Check device unlock status under the Device details to check your status:
- Device unlocked: You're good to go! Your device can be used with compatible SIM cards. If you have an iPhone without another SIM, follow these steps.
- Device locked: This device can only be used on the T-Mobile Network. You'll see if it's eligible to be unlocked under the device image. See Eligibility & requirements below.
Contact us if you:
- You received a warranty or device protection replacement device and your original device was eligible to be unlocked.
- You are military personal deployed overseas and your account is in good standing. Deployment papers can be provided to our Care department to process a device unlock.
All other requests must meet the below account and device requirements to be unlocked:
|The device must have been purchased from T-Mobile||
|The device must be paid in full.||
|The device IMEI must be unblocked||
|Postpaid accounts only||
|Prepaid accounts only||
Follow the steps below if you received a notification that your device is eligible to be unlocked. If the notification mentions an unlock code, Contact us so we can provide it.
- Make sure you are connected to the T-Mobile network or Wi-Fi.
- Swipe up on your Home screen to open the Apps tray and follow the steps below:
- Newer devices: Settings > Connections > More Connection Settings > Network Unlock
- Older devices: Use the Device Unlock app pre-installed on your device. If you do not have this app, your device is unlocked or it is on a 2019 or newer OS.
- OnePlus (6T and newer): Settings >Wi-Fi & internet > SIM & network, then choose Advanced or Network Unlock
- T-Mobile REVVLRY: Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile network > Advanced > Network Unlock
- Other manufacturers: Choose your device on the Devices page, then click the Security drop-down to find Mobile Device Unlock steps.
- Select Permanent Unlock
- Wait while the device completes the unlock.
- Restart the device.
- Contact us if:
- You do not see the apps or settings listed for your device, as it may require an unlock code.
- You meet the eligibility requirements but cannot unlock your device.
- You have a device not listed above.
- Verify your device meets the unlock requirements.
- Have your device IMEI ready. You can find this on your MyT-Mobile or dial *#06# from your device.
- Contact your Team of Experts by dialing 1-877-746-0909