Learn how to use your device on another carrier or wireless provider's network. This may also be known as a SIM unlock, network unlock, or carrier unlock.
- Device Unlock lets you use your device with another carrier, for things like international travel or selling your device.
- Not all devices are compatible with every wireless provider; your device will need to support their network frequencies and technologies.
- This is different from Domestic or International roaming, where you use a T-Mobile SIM/eSIM to access a different wireless provider's network.
- If you didn't get a notification about unlocking your device, make sure it's eligible to be unlocked:
- Make sure you are connected to the T-Mobile network or Wi-Fi.
- Select your device type and follow the steps:
- Swipe up on your Home screen to open your Apps list and follow the steps for your manufacturer:
Samsung: Settings > Connections > More Connection Settings > Network Unlock
OnePlus: Settings > Wi-Fi & internet > SIM & network, then choose Advanced or Network Unlock
LG: Settings > Network & internet > Mobile networks > Network unlock > Continue
Motorola: Settings > About phone > Device unlock > Continue
T-Mobile REVVLRY: Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile network > Advanced > Network Unlock
TCL: Settings > System > About phone > Device Unlock
CAT / Nokia / Wiko: Settings > About phone > Device Unlock
- Older Android or other manufacturers: Check if your device uses the Device Unlock app, find steps in Tutorials, or contact us for assistance
Select Permanent Unlock and wait while the device completes the unlock.
- Restart the device.
- If you have a locked iPhone that's eligible, Contact us so we can submit the unlock.
- Once it shows unlocked in your T-Mobile account, either insert your new SIM card or activate your eSIM.
- If you've unlocked a T-Mobile device but can't get signal with another carrier, contact the other wireless provider for assistance.
- If you're bringing an unlocked device to T-Mobile, check out our compatibility checker and signal troubleshooting.
- Contact us if you can't find the app or settings to unlock your T-Mobile device, or if you get an error message when attempting to complete the unlock.
Was this helpful?