Use this information to learn about the T-Mobile SyncUP KIDS Watch.
Designed to help parents and guardians stay better connected to their kids. The SyncUP KIDS Watch has safety features parents want and fun features that the kids will love too. Parents can track location in real-time, receive virtual boundary notifications, send and receive calls, messages, picture messages, and monitor steps for healthy habits. Kids between the age of 5 and 11 who typically do not have their own smartphones can make or receive calls and exchange messaging right from their wrists. Kids can also seek help from pre-set emergency contacts or call 9-1-1.
SyncUP KIDS Watch is available for both iOS 12.0 or later and Android 7 or later. Tablets and iPads are not supported.
Check out the SyncUP KIDS Watch user manual for detailed instructions on how to use your device.
- Blue band
- Coral band
- USB cable
- Wall adapter
- Charging dock
- Live tracking: Allows the parent or guardian to monitor the watch in real-time and get a location update every 10 seconds for 15 minutes.
- Virtual Boundaries: Allows the parent or guardian to set a virtual fence around a geographical location on the map to track the watch's whereabouts. The app will get notifications every time the watch enters or exits the boundary.
- Communication: Calling and texting on the KIDS Watch is only allowed between approved contacts. Contact types can only be managed by the Admin from the app. The watch does not support group calling or messaging.
- Safety: Allows the watch to call local law enforcement. Calling 9-1-1 will send an SMS with the watch's location to approved parents/guardians, which are assigned as emergency contacts, and a notification will appear in the app.
- School Mode: Allows the parent to promote focus time, limit alerts and manage activities.
- Camera: 5 MP camera can be used for pictures and videos, which can be customized with stickers and banners from the Media Library.
- Notifications, Tasks and Alarms: Set up notifications for when the child meets the step goal, or set alarms and reminders to complete tasks. Parents/guardians can also get notifications when a task is completed, when a child enters/leaves a virtual boundary, when the battery is getting low, or when help is requested.
- Games: Incluldes games such as DINO Run, Tic-Tac-Toe, and a voice changer.
|Network / Connectivity||
|Camera & Audio||
|Battery / Charging||
|Demensions & Weight||
- Open your app.
- Select Get Started on the Welcome to SyncUP KIDS screen.
- Review T-Mobile's Terms of Service and Location Notice and choose Accept.
- Create your profile by adding a profile picture, your name, and phone number then select Next. Once your profile is created it will become a contact on the watch.
- Create the child's profile by adding a profile picture, the child's name, how they refer to you (i.e. Mom), and date of birth (optional) then select Next.
- Review the Children's Information Notice. Scroll to the bottom of the page and acknowledge the T&C and select Accept & consent to start searching for the watch.
- On the pairing screen, you'll have the options to START PAIRING or PAIR MANUALLY.
- To pair wireless, select Start pairing and turn on the watch.
- On the watch select YES and START PAIRING.
- The watch and app will start the pairing process. On the app, select the appropriate watch. On the watch, select ACCEPT. It may take a few minutes.
- Once paired successfully, you'll have the option to add a contact or skip and go to the home screen.
The Child menu gives parents and guardians vital information or the watch's location front and center.
- The Child list option will show an index card for each watch paired to the Companion app. Additional watches can be paired to the Companion app by selecting the (+) icon and filling out a new Child Profile (Follow step 4 under the Pairing section above). Selecting the child's index card will take you to the Child Dashboard.
- The Child map view reveals a map with the location of the paired watches and the Companion app. Selecting the child's bubble will take you to the Child Dashboard.
- Select the arrow icon to bring the watch into view.
- Select the people icon to bring parent and child into view.
Individualized view of each watch. From here you can Live Track, enable School Mode, or call and text the watch.
Contacts can be created on the app by entering the following fields in the Contact Screen. Once completed, an invitation message is sent using the messenger app to the newly added contact. Approved contacts can only be added by the Admin of the watch from the Companion app.
- Admin: The Admin is the user that created the watch account and successfully paired it with the Companion app. Upon successful onboarding, the contact will be a contact on the watch.
- Friend: A Friend is a user invited by the admin to communicate with the child's watch.
- Add Friend Contact: From the Companion app's home screen, select the contacts icon. Choose the (+) icon to add a new contact.
- Enter the contact details, like name, number, select Friend contact, and if they're to be an Emergency Contact.
- The contact can be imported from the smartphone Contact list.
- Emergency contacts notifications if the Kids Watch asks for Help or Calls 9-1-1.
- If the Companion app is paired to multiple watches, the Admin can assign the contract to multiple child profiles. Once the contact information is entered, select Save and invite.
- Enter the contact details, like name, number, select Friend contact, and if they're to be an Emergency Contact.
- Edit Contact: Select the contact you would like to edit from the contact list.
- Update the contact information or contact type and select Save.
- You may be required to send the contact an invite if the contact type was changed.
- Delete Contact: From the Contact list, navigate to the contact you would like to delete and select Delete.
Virtual boundaries allow the parent or admin to set a virtual fence around a geographical location on the map. Examples include school, home, and a friend's house. The app automatically notifies you when the watch has entered or exited a defined Virtual Boundary.
- From your home screen on the List view of your SyncUP KIDS Watch app, select your child profile card to be taken to your child's dashboard.
- On the next screen select Virtual Boundary.
- Select the + to add a new Virtual Boundary or select a current boundary to edit.
- From the map, you can zoom in or out of the map view or enter the address to your desired location.
- From there, you can adjust the size of your Virtual Boundary to specify when you want to activate this Virtual Boundary.
Live Tracking allows the parent or guardian to monitor the watch in real-time and get a location update every 30 seconds for 15 minutes. Live Tracking can also be monitored on the Child View and Child Map pages. Continuous use of the Live Tracker can cause the battery to drain faster than usual.
- Select the TRACK icon to start Live Tracking the Kids Watch.
- During the 15 minutes of Live Tracking, the Companion app will record the watch's movement on the map. Select the stop button to end the live tracking.
- School Mode allows you to promote focus time, limit alerts, and manage activities. When enabled, School Mode will limit watch functionalities such as texting, camera, and games. Calling will still be available to and from contacts that are provisioned as emergency contacts. Select the Bell icon to enable or disable School Mode.
- The Child Dashboard will show when School Mode is enabled.
The Phone icon and Message icon will contact the watch using the native calling or texting app.
- Select the Bell icon to view the notification history for the Kids Watch.
- To filter notifications by child, select the filter icon (3 bars) on the top right corner. Select the child and select Apply.
- Select the Settings icon to access the Companion Application settings. Select the pencil icon to edit the Admin profile.
- App Notifications Settings: Manage the type of notification you would like to receive from the watch.
- Contact Us Settings: Get contact information straight from the Companion app.
- Report Issues: Report a bug or make suggestions to help us improve your experience.
- About: Find T-Mobile's Terms and Conditions and Notices here.
Tasks are an effortless way for the parent to manage the child's schedule. The Kids Watch receives alerts based on how the tasks are configured in the Companion app.
- To create a new task, select the (+) icon on the bottom-right corner.
- Select the type of task you would like to assign.
- Enter the task name and any reward message you would like to send when the task is completed.
- Time and date are optional settings for tasks. When it is enabled, the options for repeating and one-time tasks become available.
- Send Reminder and Silent Mode are also available options.
- Once the task is fully customized, select Save to add a new task.
- Edit Task: To edit a current task, select it from the Task drawer and make the appropriate changes, then select Save.
- Delete Task: To delete a task, slide it from right to left in the Task drawer. You can also delete the task from the Edit Task screen.
Helps manage the schedule for the child. Can be set up from both the Companion app and the watch. Functions like the alarm app on a smartphone.
- To create a new alarm, select the (+) icon on the bottom-right corner.
- Select the time for the alarm, then select Save.
- Snooze: Enable the snooze function when setting up a new alarm. The snooze is set to 5 minutes and is not changeable. The watch will not ring after the third snooze.
- Repeat alarms: Enable the repeat option when setting up a new alarm.
- Edit or Delete alarm: Select the alarm that you want to edit or delete from the Alarm drawer. Save when done editing or select DELETE ALARM to delete it.
The Steps drawer gives a breakdown of the steps taken with options to change between daily, weekly, or monthly views.
- Daily tab: Review the steps tracked by the watch in either graph or list view.
- Weekly tab: Review the steps tracked by the watch in either graph or list view.
- Monthly tab: Review the steps tracked by the watch in either graph or list view.
- Set Step goal: On any of the Step tabs, select the pencil icon and enter the desired step goal, then select DONE. Goals can't be lower than 500 steps.
Power on the watch
- Turn on the watch by holding the power button for 2 seconds.
- When the watch is in Sleep state, a short press will wake up the display and touch.
- When the watch is in an Active state, a short press will take to the home screen.
- When the watch is in an Active state on the home screen, a short press will take it to sleep mode.
- When the watch is in an Active state, a long-press should enter the power cycle menu, with options for restart, power off, and SOS.
- When the watch is not responding, a long press (more than 7 seconds) should restart the watch.
Charge the watch
- Connect the charging dock and wall adapter with the USB cable, and plug the adapter into an outlet.
- Place the watch in the provided charging dock by aligning the charging pins.
- The display indicates a picture when fully charged.
- If the display is timed out, touch the power button.
- When the watch is on the charging dock, all notifications default to sound on.
To soft reset your device:
- When the watch is in an active state, long-press to enter the power cycle menu with options for restart, power off and SOS.
- When the watch is not responding, long press (more than 7 seconds) to restart the watch.
Make a Call
- Swipe the Watch screen from right to the left to access the contact list landing, and select the desired contact.
- Select the desired contact then select the green phone icon.
End a Call
From the call screen, select the red phone icon to end the call.
From the call screen, select the volume icon to change the volume levels.
Select the green phone icon to answer.
Select the red phone icon to decline the call.
Asking for help will send an SMS with the Watch’s location and send a notification to the Companion Application users. Follow these steps to ask for help:
- Swipe the Watch screen from right to the left to access the contact list landing page and select the HELP! option.
- Select YES, HELP to confirm help is needed.
- Select GOT IT to exit the help screen.
The Call 9-1-1 option allows the watch to call local law enforcement. Calling 9-1-1 will send an SMS with the watch’s location to the emergency contacts the child's parent(s) have set up in the watch.
- Press and hold the power button for 2 seconds and press the call 9-1-1 icon.
- Confirm you would like to contact local law enforcement by pressing CALL 9-1-1.
- End call by selecting the end call icon.
- Communication to the Kids Watch, such as messaging, is only allowed between the allowed Parents, Guardians, or Friends. Contact types can only be managed by the Admin, from the Companion Application. Although the Watch has a connection to the T-Mobile network, only the contacts on the approved list can communicate with the Watch. The Watch does not support iMessaging or group messaging.
- Each messaging thread on the Watch is with an individual-approved contact. Although someone who is an approved contact can add the Watch’s number to a group message including other non-approved contacts, the Watch will only receive the message as an individual SMS, not as a group, from the approved contact. If the child responds, they will only respond to the approved contact in an individual thread, and no one else in the group message will get their response. If a nonapproved contact from the group responds to the whole group including the child, this message will be blocked from the Watch. Follow these steps to send a message:
- Swipe the Watch screen from right to the left to access the contact list landing page, and select the desired contact.
- Select the messaging icon.
- Select the add text icon.
- Choose a preset message or select the keyboard icon to type a new message.
- Select the send icon to send the message.
Was this helpful?