Device Unlock is an Android app that allows you to request and apply a mobile device unlock directly from the device. There is no Apple iOS version of this app available.
The T-Mobile Device Unlock app comes pre-installed only on supported devices.
- The app is not listed in the Play Store, if the app was installed on a device before, it may appear in My apps & games > Installed. But you cannot install the app from this location.
- If the app is not listed, make sure it is not disabled or hidden on the device. The app will uninstall itself after a permanent unlock.
To use the app you need:
- A T-Mobile account.
- A T-Mobile Android device that supports the app and have the latest device software.
- T-Mobile network coverage or a connection to a Wi-Fi network.
- To meet device and account eligibility requirements.
- Search for and select your device in Devices.
- Scroll down to How Tos and click Security.
- Look for and click Mobile Device Unlock.
Note: If this link is not available, your device does not have the Mobile Device Unlock App. Check out how to contact us to request an unlock code.
- Follow the instructions to unlock your device.
- If you are having trouble unlocking your device, contact us at 1-877-746-0909 or check out our troubleshooting tips.
Temporary unlock expiration
- When a temporary unlock expires, you receive an expiration message.
- Tap OK. If a non T-Mobile SIM card is inserted, the device reboots.
Was this helpful?