- Wi-Fi: 802.11 at 2.4 GHz
- Android 7 or later (tablets not supported)
- iOS 11.2 or later (iPad not supported)
Note: The SyncUP TRACKER app can display a maximum of 8 TRACKER devices.
The SyncUP TRACKER app is required. It allows you to access your items' location, toggle notifications and much more.
- The app is available for free on the Apple App Store, Google Play Store , or t-mobile.com/syncuptracker. Search SyncUP TRACKER.
- Be sure to verify your smartphone is up-to-date with the latest operating system and that it meets the requirements mentioned above.
- After downloading and installing the app on your smartphone, open the SyncUP TRACKER app.
- To log in, use an existing T-Mobile ID, or create a new T-Mobile ID if you don't have one.
- Choose Get a T-Mobile ID under Log In.
- Sign up for a T-Mobile ID with your first name, last name, email and password.
- Select Sign me up.
- Check your email for a verification code, then enter the code in the SyncUP TRACKER app and select Verify my email.
- Complete the required security questions, then select Next.
- Use these newly created credentials to log in to the SyncUP TRACKER app.
- On the Welcome screen, choose Forgot Password.
- A Reset your password screen will appear asking for a 6-digit code to verify your identity. This code will be sent to your contact
- Enter the 6-digit code when you receive it.
- Select Submit code.
- Enter your New Password and Re-enter Password.
- Select Reset password.
- If your new password meets the criteria, you will be logged in to the SyncUP TRACKER app.
- Select Let's get started on the Welcome screen.
- Follow the in-app instructions.
- Choose Allow location access. This will enable your tracker to locate your things.
- You may see the pop-up Allow "SyncUP TRACKER" to use your location? Choose Allow.
- Note, the user's location is not required but it is encouraged.
- Select Allow push notifications.
- You may see the pop-up "SyncUP TRACKER" Would Like to Send You Notifications. Choose Allow.
- Follow the in-app instructions to Scan QR code. This will recognize the tracker and start connecting you to the T-Mobile Network.
- If you're adding a second device, you can select the Plus (+) icon from the map screen.
- Choose Allow on the "SyncUP TRACKER" would like to access the camera on the pop-up. This allows the camera to take images and scan the QR code.
- Scan the QR code on the back of your tracker device.
- When the QR Code scan success! message appears, it means your tracker device is being connected to the network.
- You can also pair your tracker manually by entering the 15-digit IMEI Number located on the back of your device.
- Once you've added your device, you're connected to T-Mobile. Select Set up device profile to continue.
It's easy to create a device profile for the item you plan on tracking.
- Choose an Item to monitor in the SyncUP TRACKER app on your smartphone.
- Enter details for the item you're tracking like the unique name and location update frequency.
- For more information, select the info bubble icon.
- Once completed, choose Save.
You can personalize your icons and even add images of your own.
- Once you've selected an Item and you're on the Device Profile screen, you'll be able to personalize the icons provided by selecting the edit icon fixed on the item profile image.
- You can edit the icon, take your own photo, or select from your photo gallery.
- After you've completed the device profile setup, you'll be directed to the maps screen.
Your Home Screen is where you can access all the features available in your SyncUP TRACKER app. It also provides helpful device information such as battery and location updates using color-coded icons and time stamps.
The most prominent features you'll see on this screen are adding a new tracker, viewing your devices on the map, adding a virtual boundary, viewing a list of your devices in the drawer and device settings and accessing the Notifications and More tabs.
The Notifications screen is where all your notifications will exist. The notifications will be organized and separated by date and will show what type of notification you're getting for which item you're tracking. These are shown with icons fixed to the left and right of the notification text.
More (Settings, Help & Feedback, About, Logout/Delete Account): This screen is where you'll be able to access your app's settings and look for any help and provide feedback. You can log out of your account or delete it.
A Virtual Boundary is an imaginary border drawn around a point by a GPS tracking system. You pick a location and decide how large of an area to include inside the imaginary border. Virtual Boundaries can have a radius as small as 165 feet and as large as 50 miles. We don't recommend a radius of less than 300 feet to minimize false exit notifications.
The app will prompt for Settings if you haven't previously opted into accepting notifications, if you deny notifications, or if your notifications are turned off.
- On your home screen, select Virtual Boundaries and you will be directed to this screen shown below (if you have no existing virtual boundaries). Choose Add a virtual boundary to begin.
- Drag the map or enter the address to your desired location. You can adjust the size of your virtual boundary by pinching the virtual boundary.
- Once your virtual boundary is set, give the virtual boundary a name, assign it to the item(s) you're tracking, and enable/disable notification alerts.
- Once you're finished, save your virtual boundary by selecting Save.
- From your home screen/map screen, choose Virtual Boundaries. Once you enter the Virtual Boundaries screen, choose the name of the virtual boundary you wish to delete.
- Select Delete virtual boundary.
- You will see a message confirming you'd like to delete your Virtual Boundary. Select Delete again. Your Virtual Boundary will be deleted.
- Quick Tracking Mode allows you to find your item quickly by increasing the frequency at which your device sends location updates when on the map screen. This is enabled by default.
- To disable Quick Tracking Mode, select More (3 dots), then Quick Tracking Mode, and then toggle the enabled feature to disable.
Device light sensor is a feature that helps you know that your items aren't being tampered with. The sensor detects changes from Dark to Light and Light to Dark and can be enabled individually.
- To turn on the light sensor, select More (3 dots), and then choose Notification Settings.
- Once you enter into Light Sensor, you can enable light sensors to detect Dark to Light, Light to Dark or both light event types.
Was this helpful?