Learn how to set up your T-Mobile ID login and password so you can log in to My T-Mobile, your one-stop-shop for managing your account. Sprint customers should continue to use sprint.com/login to manage your account.
On this page:
Use T-Mobile ID to self-service multiple accounts and lines, using just one email address. Your T-Mobile ID profile is intended to link the services that you use with T-Mobile, not just the lines on your account. To prevent permission level issues, don’t link multiple phone numbers from one account to the T-Mobile ID.
- My T-Mobile (postpaid & prepaid)
- T-Mobile app
- T-Mobile Support site
- Participate in the T-Mobile Support community
- T-Mobile Money
- T-Mobile Home Internet
- Open the T-Mobile app.
- On the Welcome screen, tap Get a T-Mobile ID.
- Enter your registration information and tap Sign me up.
- Enter the code from the text message we sent to your mobile device and tap Next.. Note, if registering from your mobile device, the app may automatically confirm your phone number.
- Follow the on-screen steps to complete your registration.
- Go to My T-Mobile and click SIGN UP.
- Enter your information and click Sign me up.
- Email verification steps: 6-digit verification code sent to your email address given during activation. Alternatively, you can send the code to a different email address.
- Phone verification steps: 6-digit verification code sent to your mobile number. Selecting Send to a different number will register the number the code is sent to and not the number that started the registration process.
- Account PIN verification steps: Use the account PIN/Passcode set up during activation. If you skip this step on a prepaid account, you won't have access to your account
- Click Next, then follow the on-screen steps to complete the registration.
Important: If you had a T-Mobile account in the past, such as a previous prepaid account, or an account that was canceled, and you want to reuse the email from that account, see the steps for the Email already registered error below.
- If you add T-Mobile Home Internet to your account with a voice line, you can use your existing T-Mobile ID to manage your Home Internet account. If one has not been created, follow one of the above methods.
Follow these steps for T-Mobile Home Internet only accounts.
- Go to www.t-mobile.com/home-internet-signup.
- Fill in your name and email that was provided during activation.
- Create a password.
- Click Sign me Up.
- Check your email for the registration PIN.
- Enter the registration PIN, then click Verify my email.
- Note: Home Internet customers who did not provide an email address for service notifications and receive a paper bill, or have canceled all other lines on their T-Mobile account except their Home Internet and can no longer log in will need to contact customer care at 844-275-9310 to provide their email address to register for T-Mobile ID.
Watch: How to create your T-Mobile ID
It's good practice to change account passwords every few months, and we require that you change your T-Mobile ID password once a year.
- Must be between 8-50 characters
- Must include at least 1 number
- Must include at least 1 letter
- Can't contain spaces
- Can include these special characters: ~ @ # $ % ^ & * () / : ; ? , . <> !
- Must be different from your last five passwords
Update or reset your password
- When prompted to change your password on My T-Mobile or the app, update the password so that you don't get locked out of your account.
- If your phone has a compatible biometric scanner (such as Touch ID or Face ID), you can use it on the T-Mobile app so you can sign in securely without having to remember your password.
Forgot your password?
No worries! Click Forgot Password? on My T-Mobile.com, and follow the prompts to reset it.
T-Mobile offers multiple options for account security (multi-factor authentication) to keep your account secure by adding an extra layer of protection for your online login.
- Two-step verification requires you to pass an additional verification step when signing into your account.
- There is a 24-hour delay between changing your two-step verification settings, and those settings becoming active. During that delay, call 1-800-937-8997 for authentication.
- When Always Require is set to ON, you'll be required to complete a second verification method every time you log in.
- This requires two-step verification setup.
- T-Mobile reserves the right to initiate two-step authentication at any time to keep your account secure.
Two step-verification options
After setting up the two-step verification during registration, you can also use these methods to authenticate:
- Security questions: Allows you to set security questions to confirm your identity.
- SMS: Allows you to confirm your identity by text message to your T-Mobile ID.
- Fingerprint or FaceID for two-step verification if you have the T-Mobile app installed.
- Google Authenticator
- Google Authenticator app, available to Android 2.1 and iOS 3G and newer devices, required as a part of a two-step verification set-up.
- To disable this option, select No thanks.
- Once Google Authenticator is set up on your T-Mobile ID, you can complete two-step verification using the Google Authenticator app instead of SMS, Fingerprint, or FaceID.
Update your account profile, including name, email, password, two-step verification, and the phone numbers linked to your T-Mobile ID.
You can use the same T-Mobile ID to access multiple accounts and lines so that others can log in and manage your accounts if you choose. And, you can link a new number to an existing T-Mobile ID.
To prevent permission level issues, don’t link multiple phone numbers from one account to the T-Mobile ID.
This error occurs when you’ve had a previous T-Mobile ID account or email address that is already registered.
- Try using the previous T-Mobile ID email address and the current password.
- Do not use your mobile number to login.
- Once logged in, you’ll be asked to Link your number to the T-Mobile ID.
- If you don’t remember your password, select Forgot your password.
- A verification link is sent to your email address that you’re attempting to login with. Follow the on-screen instructions.
- You’ll need to provide previously set security question answers.
- Enter your mobile number in the link prompt.
- You should now be able to log in to My.T-Mobile.com using either your email address or phone number linked to the T-Mobile ID.
- If you’re unable to complete the above steps due to errors or forgotten security question answers, Contact Us for additional assistance.
For login issues, don't access My T-Mobile from a bookmark/favorites, try manually entering the website address and retest. There is a limit of 30 My T-Mobile logins in a 24-hour period. Business customers eligible for the Account Hub should use that instead of My T-Mobile.
- Enter your login name or mobile number.
- Click or tap the Forgot Password? link on the login screen.
- Select Text message: Send me a temporary password and tap Next. If this option is not available, click the more options button.
- Use the code sent to in a text message to change the password and log into the account.
- Update your password and personal information as needed.
We want you to have full access to your account. Be sure that your line has the appropriate Line permissions to perform the action that you're attempting. If you're still having trouble after following the steps on this page, we are here for you. Contact Us.
Was this helpful?