Home Internet Lite plans offer data-limited internet plans to customers who are not eligible for unlimited Home Internet plans. Check out the details below to get started with your Home Internet Lite plan.
On this page:
Use the Data Usage Estimator to get a recommendation for the best Home Internet plan for you based on the amount of time you spend on the most common online content.
- Home Internet Lite plans are available in 100 GB, 150 GB, 200 GB, or 300 GB data buckets.
- Once you use the monthly data allotment, you will experience reduced speeds (128kbps).
- You will receive a notification to your gateway at 80%, 95%, and 100% of data usage. A second notification will be sent via email if an email address is on file.
- If you need more data, you can change your data plan to a higher data allotment (up to 300 GB), or you can add a Lite Data Pass to your 300 GB plan to get 10 GB or 25 GB of additional data.
- See Check your data usage for steps to view your data usage in the app.
- You can upgrade to a Home Internet Lite plan with a higher data allotment at any time (when upgrading, it can take anywhere from 10 minutes to 2 hours to access new data). See Change your data plan for details.
- Once you are eligible for an unlimited Home Internet plan, you can upgrade your service at no extra cost. Check your availability and sign up for the waitlist to be notified once your address is eligible.
- All unused monthly data is not able to be carried forward.
Your Home Internet Lite plan will have an associated line number. Use the steps below to find this number in the T-Mobile Internet app.
Find your internet line number in the T-Mobile Internet app
- Log in to your T-Mobile Internet app.
- On the Home tab, view the line number under Internet line number.
Find your internet line number in the T-Mobile app
- Log in to the T-Mobile app (if you don't already have a T-Mobile ID, see Set up & manage your T-Mobile ID for steps to create one).
- Select Account. Your internet line will display an image of your gateway.
Your monthly data allotment replenishes on the bill cycle close date. You will receive a notification to your gateway (and email, if an email address is on file) at 80%, 95%, and 100% of data usage.
To view your data usage...
- Log into your T-Mobile account (if you don't already have a T-Mobile ID, see Set up & manage your T-Mobile ID for steps to create one).
- Select view by line.
- Select your Home Internet line number (see Identify your Internet line number for steps to identify your internet line).
- Select Check Usage.
Use the Data Usage Estimator to get a recommendation for the best Home Internet plan for you based on the amount of time you spend on the most common online content. To view plan options and/or change your plan:
- Log in to the T-Mobile app using your T-Mobile ID.
- Select Account on the bottom navigation bar.
- Select Manage my plan.
- In the 'Manage my plan' screen, you can compare your current plan with other available plans. To change your plan, choose Select plan under the desired plan to continue.
- Review the changes and new monthly total, then select Agree and submit.
- If you upgrade your plan after using your previous data allotment, it may take between 10 minutes and 2 hours to access new data.
Was this helpful?