Check out the details below to get started with T-Mobile High-Speed Internet.
On this page:
There are a few things to consider when placing your gateway to make sure you get the best experience:
- You'll need a place with strong T-Mobile signal, usually by a window, that's close to a power outlet
- To get the best Wi-Fi coverage, we recommend placing it up high, like on the upper floor or at least 6 feet off the ground.
- Keep the device away from the following:
- Walls or obstructions
- Heavy duty appliances or electronics, like microwaves or motors
- Other things that transmit, like baby monitors or Bluetooth speakers
- Metal fixtures/enclosures, cabinets, reinforced concrete, or pipes
Follow these directions to connect your device to the T-Mobile network for the first time. For device-specific instructions, see the list of Home Internet devices available on our Tutorials page. You can also watch our demo video.
- On your smartphone or computer, scan available Wi-Fi networks.
- Connect to one of the Wi-Fi networks listed on the back label of the gateway.
- For the password, enter the Wi-Fi Key or Wi-Fi Password that’s also on the back label.
- Once connected, you can use the T-Mobile Internet app to change settings.
- Plug one end of the Ethernet cable into your computer's Ethernet port.
- Plug the other end into the gateway LAN port.
To improve security, we recommend that you change the default passwords for the Wi-Fi network & Gateway.
Change Wi-Fi name & password
- Open the T-Mobile Internet app and tap Setup device.
- Follow the on-screen steps to complete setup.
- At the bottom, tap Network and choose the desired network to change the name or password.
- Edit the current network name and/or password, then tap Save.
- Reconnect to Wi-Fi using the new name and/or password.
Change Gateway password
- At the bottom of the screen, tap More > Change your home internet device password.
- Enter the current and new passwords, re-type the new password, then tap Save.
- You'll need a T-Mobile ID to pay your bill, set up & manage autopay, and more.
- If you added Home Internet to your existing T-Mobile account, you can use your existing login.
- If you're new to T-Mobile, create a T-Mobile ID now.
- Check the status of your Home Internet order
- Get more information on what to expect in our Home Internet FAQs.
- Tutorials are available for in-depth device instructions and how-tos.
- View the troubleshooting guides to get help with your device, internet & data.
- If you still need help, give us a call at 1-844-275-9310.
- Depending on how your account is setup, you might think your first bill is early or too high.
- Most accounts are billed for services at the beginning of the month and the bill is due within the same bill cycle.
- Check out the video below to better understand how your first bill will work.
Was this helpful?