Only the Primary Account Holder or an authorized user can file a claim. Claims must be reported within 90 days of the incident unless state law requires additional time.
On this page:
Before visiting a T-Mobile Store, please file a claim with Assurant, our Protection and Repair vendor. This will expedite your repair process and minimize your time in the store. Below are two convenient ways to file a claim.
Once the claim is filed, be sure to schedule an Assurant Repair appointment at one of our T-Mobile Device Service Locations via the text message or confirmation email sent from Assurant.
Don’t have Protection <360>®? No worries...
Customers without Protection <360>® are still able to get their eligible devices repaired at any T-Mobile Device Service location. Our Mobile Experts will guide you through the process including repair cost, and in most cases, same day repair. Find a T-Mobile store nearby.
If you are experiencing hardship as a result of the current COVID-19 pandemic and your account becomes past due (including your device protection payments), contact us and we can help!
Some states offer additional consumer protection regulations for device protection plans:
- Make sure you have the following information ready:
- Your mobile number
- The make and model of your device
- The date the incident occurred, including the last time you used the device.
- Additional information may be required, such as:
- Proof of ownership and/or a government-issued ID
- If stolen, the police report number. Learn how to report your phone as lost or stolen to prevent unauthorized usage.
- Log in to My T-Mobile.
- Select PHONE.
- If more than one phone is on your account, select the name/phone number from the drop-down menu connected to the device you're filing a claim for.
- Select File a claim or File damage claim or Report lost or stolen. A details window appears providing the next steps.
- Once you confirm the selection, you'll be redirected to the claims website at mytmoclaim.com.
- Ensure the mobile number is the correct one for the damaged, lost or stolen device. If it isn't, go to My T-Mobile and choose the correct mobile number from the drop-down menu and follow the steps above again.
- Follow the step-by-step directions on the Assurant website to file your claim.
- For more information about filing your claim or tracking your claim status, call Assurant at 1-866-866-6285.
- Hardware service or mechanical breakdown/warranty claims are processed by T-Mobile if your device is malfunctioning due to a defect in materials or workmanship. Contact Us to request your replacement phone or device.
- Other claims (accidental damage, loss, or theft) are processed by the claim center.
- If you find your phone and need to cancel your claim, contact the claim center below.
- The claim center can answer questions about your claim status, deductible, or other claim-related concerns.
If you don't see your device protection product, check out Asurion for further assistance:
Was this helpful?