Let T-Mobile help you through the difficult process of losing your device or having it stolen. Get help with a Prepaid account.
On this page:
- Contact us online or over the phone.
- Log in to your T-Mobile account. In 'I want to...' section select Report a lost or stolen device.
- Visit a T-Mobile store.
If you use any of these services, you may be able to find or secure your device. T-Mobile can also block your IMEI to prevent your device from being used.
Find My on iPhone / iPad / Watch
For additional information, see the Locate a lost or stolen device - Apple Support page.
- On an iPhone or iPad, open the Find My app.
- If it's not your iPhone/iPad, select the Me tab and choose Help A Friend. Then, sign in with your Apple ID.
- Select your device and choose from an option:
- Play Sound: Plays a loud sound on your device, even if it's set to silent.
- Directions: Get directions to your device's current location.
- Mark As Lost
- Remotely lock your missing device with a passcode and display a custom message with your phone number on the Lock screen.
- If you have Apple Pay set up on the device, it is disabled.
- A confirmation email is sent to the primary email address associated with your Apple ID.
- When you recover your device, you will need to unlock it with your passcode.
- Erase This Device
- Erases all of your information (including credit, debit, or prepaid cards for Apple Pay) from the device.
- After you erase a device, you can't track it using the Find My app.
- If you remove the device from your account after you erase it, Activation Lock will be turned off.
Find My Device on Android
To use Find My Device, your lost device must:
- Be turned on
- Be signed in to a Google Account
- Be connected to mobile data or Wi-Fi
- Be visible on Google Play
- Have Location turned on
- Have Find My Device turned on
Use these steps to find, lock, or erase your device. For additional information, see Find a lost Android device - Android Help for support.
- Visit android.com/find and sign in with your google account.
- If you have more than one device, choose your device.
- A map with your device's location will display if it's available. Choose from the following options:
- Play sound: Device will ring for 5 minutes, even if set to silent.
- Secure device
- Lock the device and sign out of your Google account.
- You can also display a message or phone number on the lock screen.
- You can still locate the device after it's locked.
- Erase device
- Erase all content from the device.
- After your device is erased, you can't locate it.
Lookout Mobile Security
For additional information and app features, see Lookout Mobile Security app.
If you need to find your device:
- Go to Lookout.com and sign in with your Lookout account.
- Select the Find My Device tab. If your device can be found, the location appears on the screen.
- Select Scream to sound a loud alarm, even if your device is in silent mode.
- The scream feature is VERY LOUD.
- The device will also vibrate and the screen will flash.
- Select Stop Screaming to turn it off.
If you need to turn on Signal Flare:
- Open the Lookout app on your device.
- Select the Menu icon with three dots, then select Settings.
- In the MISSING DEVICE section, select the box next to Signal Flare.
- Log in to your Lookout.com account to see your latest Signal Flare locations.
- If you have device protection, get a replacement.
- If you do not have device protection:
- When you're ready to restore service or if you believe your device is incorrectly listed as lost or stolen, give us a call at 1-800-937-8997.
- Check your next bill and report any suspicious charges so we can investigate.
- If the device is found, contact us for an unblock request.
Why should I report my device as lost or stolen?
Why should I suspend my line?
Does my bill change when my phone is lost or stolen?
I found the device I reported as lost or stolen. What should I do?
What should I do if there are unauthorized charges on my account?
I found a lost T-Mobile phone. What should I do with it?
Was this helpful?