International roaming is easy with plans that allow you to use your mobile device while you are traveling outside of the United States. Find out more on this page, or check out our International roaming site for rates and additional info.
- Magenta, T-Mobile ONE, and Simple Choice plans give you unlimited 2G data and texting in more than 210 countries and destinations at no extra charge, while voice calls are $0.25/minute. (Look up calling and messaging rates.)
- Use our International Roaming checklist to go over everything you need to know about using your phone abroad.
- If you're in a destination where international roaming is not included, you can still use calling and messaging services but data is turned off by default.
- You can turn on data by dialing #RON#.
- As data is used, you will receive free text messages notifying you of the incurred charges.
- If you want to turn data back off, dial #ROF#.
- If you want to prevent any accidental usage, you can also block voice, messaging, and data when roaming internationally.
- To see what plan you're on, or switch to Magenta, check out Manage your plan.
International travel with older plans
If you're not on a Magenta, T-Mobile ONE, Essentials, or a Simple Choice plan and you'll be traveling outside the U.S., you can add World Class International Roaming to each line. To learn how, read Change your services.
Higher-speed data and tethering
- The data roaming service that comes with Magenta, T-Mobile ONE, and Simple Choice allows you to use data for your phone, but it doesn't let you share with other devices by tethering through Smartphone Mobile Hotspot.
- If you need high-speed data or want to share data through tethering as a Smartphone Mobile Hotspot, you can add an international data pass.
- A data pass not only gives you data speeds of up to 3G, depending on what country or destination you're visiting, it also provides unlimited calling from Simple Global to Simple Global destinations (including the U.S. and Puerto Rico).
Our Pay in Advance plans let you stay in touch when traveling abroad. Find out more by visiting the Pay in Advance international roaming & rates page. Keep in mind, data usage is not available for Pay in Advance accounts while roaming internationally.
We have two options for blocking usage while traveling outside of the United States. Only the Primary Account Holder can block this service on My T-Mobile.
Block international roaming
If you block all international roaming, you'll no longer be able to call, text or use data for the selected line while roaming outside the US. You can still use Wi-Fi for calls and text; additional charges may apply.
Block charged international roaming
If you block charged international roaming, you'll prevent your line from incurring any international data roaming charges in countries not included in your plan.
Qualifying plan and capable device required for certain international roaming services. Not for extended international use; you must reside in the U.S. and primary usage must occur on our U.S. network. Device must register on our U.S. network before international use. Additional charges apply in excluded destinations; see www.t-mobile.com for included destinations (subject to change at T-Mobile’s discretion). Taxes additional; usage taxed in some countries. Voice and text features for direct communications between 2 people. Communications with premium-rate (e.g., 900, entertainment, high-rate helpline) numbers not included. Calls from Simple Global countries over Wi-Fi are $.25/min (no charge for Wi-Fi calls to US, Mexico and Canada). Coverage not available in some areas; we are not responsible for our partners’ networks. Standard speeds approx. 128 Kbps. Network Management: Service may be slowed, suspended, terminated, or restricted for misuse, abnormal use, interference with our network or ability to provide quality service to other users, or significant roaming. During congestion, Essentials customers may notice speeds lower than other customers; customers using>50GB/mo. on all plans may notice further reduced speeds. On-device usage is prioritized over tethering usage, which may result in higher speeds for data used on device. See T-Mobile.com/OpenInternet for details. See Terms and Conditions (including arbitration provision) at www.T-Mobile.com for additional information.