T-Mobile In-flight is a partnership with Gogo to provide in-flight Wi-Fi, unlimited messaging, and the ability to check visual voicemail on select airlines and flights at no additional cost.
On this page:
When high speed Gogo in-flight Wi-Fi is available on a flight you will have Gogo services available gate to gate. For flights without high speed Wi-Fi you You can use Gogo in-flight Wi-Fi when your plane reaches 10,000 feet or higher.
When Wi-Fi is available the Wi-Fi indicator above the seat will be lit or your captain will give you the go-ahead to start in-flight texting.
- Place the device into Airplane mode and turn on Wi-Fi.
- Make sure Wi-Fi Calling is set to Enabled or On.
- Select Gogo or the airlines Wi-Fi network.
- Open any Internet browser to go to the Gogo homepage
- Android: Automatically redirects to login.
- iOS: Type airborne.gogoinflight.com into your browser.
- Most flights will have information on how to connect in the back seat pocket. Some airlines may have a unique URL needed for the browser (for example: www.wifidelta.com).
- Select the T-Mobile Exclusive Pass for Unlimited Text and One Hour of Data.
- Tap Get Started.
- Enter your T-Mobile number.
- Enter the CAPTCHA letters and numbers in the box below it.
- Tap Get Wi-Fi and Texting. The Your Free Wi-Fi Starts Now screen appears to confirm you are connected.
- Start texting and browsing and enjoy your flight!
If texting doesn't work after a few minutes, make sure Wi-Fi Calling is set to Enabled or On.
- T-Mobile In-flight is offered on all Gogo-enabled flights by several domestic carriers, such as:
- Alaska Airlines
- American Airlines (on limited flights)
- To check if your upcoming flight offers this service, contact your airline.
Get data and messaging free for being a T-Mobile customer!
- You get one free hour of Wi-Fi access on Gogo-equipped flights to, from, or within the U.S. You can surf, email, and post to your heart's content.
- With an eligible plan, such as Magenta Plus, ONE Plus or ONE Plus International, you get unlimited Wi-Fi access on Gogo-equipped flights to, from, or within the U.S.
- Streaming services for most video is not available.
Text and picture messaging
- You get unlimited messaging all flight long!
- Messages sent and received while using T-Mobile In-flight Texting are billed according to your plan and services, just like when on the ground.
- All messages are billed as if you are on a Wi-Fi network in a domestic location, regardless of where your flight takes you. And there are no international roaming charges!
- You can use Twitter via SMS with T-Mobile In-flight Texting. See Twitter support for SMS Twitter steps and Twitter account support.
Visual Voicemail (VVM)
- All versions of VVM (including Voicemail to Text) are supported, and they function the same in-flight as they do on a home Wi-Fi or network connection.
- You should do the first-time setup of VVM or perform a version update while still on the ground, as doing these activities in-flight may not work properly.
Over-the-Top (OTT) messaging
- OTT messaging is when you use third-party services to send an instant message instead of sending a text.
- Messages sent and received using WhatsApp, Viber, iMessage, and Google Hangout are unlimited when using the Gogo in-flight service.
What's not supported
- Voice services
- Most third-party applications that require a data connection
- Texting to short codes
- Emergency services (911 via text or voice)
- Laptops and tablets
- Most video streaming. For example, streaming short clips on Facebook might work, but YouTube or Netflix will not.
If you have a smartphone released after January 2015, you're all set! As a best practice, make sure your device software is on the latest version to avoid any possible issues with In-flight.
Before you board the plane, make sure:
- You have an active account
- You have a compatible Wi-Fi Calling-enabled device. If you cannot use Wi-Fi Calling, see Wi-Fi Calling problems.
- Your device software is up to date
- Your e911 address has been registered
Gogo provides support for:
- Pre-flight requirements and participating airlines
- In-flight connectivity issues
To receive in-flight support from the Gogo Chat Team, open an Internet browser on your device and click LIVE HELP to be connected to a chat agent.
Other support options
Before your flight, or when you're back on the ground, there are several ways for you to get help from Gogo:
- Call 1-877-350-0038
- Visit Gogo online at https://custhelp.gogoinflight.com/
- Email Gogo at email@example.com