New to T-Mobile? Switching is easy Set up your device Using the app Sprint Migration Center All get started topics Ways to pay your bill All about your bill Line permissions Your T-Mobile ID Your PIN/Passcode All account resources topics T-Mobile Network In-flight texting and Wi-Fi Wi-Fi Calling International roaming Mobile Without Borders All network & roaming topics Find the right plan Netflix on Us HotSpot plans Voicemail Use Mobile HotSpot All plans support topics Tutorials Troubleshooting Unlock your device Change your SIM T-Mobile eSIM All device assistance topics Get T-Mobile for Business Billing and payments Manage your account Orders and shopping Account Hub registration All business support topics

It’s always a good practice to regularly update your PIN/Passcode to help keep your account secure. Provided on this page are some general recommendations for protecting yourself, as well as information on how to obtain a free credit report and place a fraud alert or security freeze on your credit report.

General recommendations for protecting yourself

  • It is always a good idea to remain vigilant against threats of identity theft or fraud, and to regularly review and monitor your account statements and credit history for any signs of unauthorized transactions or activity.
  • If you ever suspect that you are the victim of identity theft or fraud, you have the right to file a report with the police or law enforcement. In addition, you may contact the FTC or your state’s attorney general to learn more about the steps you can take to protect yourself against identity theft. More information can be found on this page to contact the FTC and your state’s attorney general.
  • It is always a good idea to be alert for “phishing” emails by someone who acts like they know you or are a company that you may do business with and requests sensitive information over email, such as passwords, Social Security numbers, or bank account information. We do not ask for this type of information over email.
  • If you believe you are a victim of fraud or identity theft, you can contact your local law enforcement agency, your state’s attorney general, or the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). Please know that contacting us will not expedite any remediation of suspicious activity.


Information on obtaining a free Credit Report

U.S. residents are entitled under U.S. law to one free credit report annually from each of the three major credit bureaus. To order your free credit reports, visit or call toll-free from the U.S 1-877-322-8228.


Information on implementing a Fraud Alert or Security Freeze

You may contact any one of the three major credit bureaus at the addresses below to place a fraud alert on your credit report. A fraud alert indicates to anyone requesting your credit file that you suspect you are a possible victim of fraud. A fraud alert does not affect your ability to get a loan or credit. Instead, it alerts a business that your personal information might have been compromised and requires that business to verify your identity before issuing you credit. Although this may cause some short delay if you are the one applying for the credit, it might protect against someone else obtaining credit in your name.

A security freeze prohibits a credit reporting agency from releasing any information from a consumer’s credit report without written authorization. However, please be aware that placing a security freeze on your credit report may delay, interfere with or prevent the timely approval of any requests you make for new loans, credit, mortgages, employment, housing or other services.

A credit reporting agency may not charge you to place, temporarily lift, or permanently remove a security freeze.

To place a fraud alert or security freeze on your credit report, you must contact the three credit bureaus below:

Credit bureaus


Consumer Fraud Division

P.O. Box 740256

Atlanta, GA 30374



Credit Fraud Center

P.O. Box 9554

Allen, TX 75013



TransUnion LLC

P.O. Box 2000

Chester, PA 19016


To request a security freeze, you will need to provide the following information:

  1. Your full name (including middle initial as well as Jr., Sr., II, III, etc.
  2. Social Security number;
  3. Date of birth;
  4. If you have moved in the past five (5) years, the addresses where you have lived over those prior five (5) years;
  5. Proof of current address such as a current utility bill or phone bill; and
  6. A legible photocopy of a government-issued identification card (state driver’s license or ID card, military identification, etc.).


FTC contact information

You may also contact the FTC for further information on fraud alerts, security freezes, and how to protect yourself from identity theft. The FTC can be contacted at 400 7th St. SW, Washington, DC 20024; by phone 1-877-382-4357 or at


Additional state resources

Your state attorney general may also have advice on preventing identity theft, and you should report instances of known or suspected identity theft to law enforcement, your state attorney general, or the FTC.


California Residents: Visit the California Office of Privacy Protection for additional information on protection against identity theft.

Iowa Residents: The Attorney General can be contacted at the Office of Attorney General of Iowa, Hoover State Office Building, 1305 E. Walnut Street, Des Moines, Iowa 50319; by phone 1-515-281-5164; or at

Kentucky Residents: The Attorney General can be contacted at the Office of the Attorney General of Kentucky, 700 Capitol Avenue, Suite 118 Frankfort, Kentucky 40601; by phone 1-502-696-5300; or at

Maryland Residents: The Attorney General can be contacted at the Office of Attorney General, 200 St. Paul Place, Baltimore, Maryland 21202; by phone 1-888-743-0023; or at

Massachusetts Residents: Under Massachusetts law, you have the right to obtain any police report filed in connection to the incident. If you are the victim of identity theft, you also have the right to file a police report and obtain a copy of it.

New York: Visit the New York Attorney General’s Office website on data breaches for additional information on protection against identity theft.

North Carolina Residents: The Attorney General can be contacted at 9001 Mail Service Center, Raleigh, North Carolina 27699-9001; by phone 1-919-716-6400; or at

New Mexico Residents: You have rights under the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), which governs the collection and use of information pertaining to you by consumer reporting agencies. For more information about your rights under the FCRA, please visit or

Oregon Residents: The Attorney General can be contacted at the Oregon Department of Justice, 1162 Court Street NE, Salem, Oregon 97301-4096; by phone 1-503-378-4400; or at

Rhode Island Residents: The Attorney General can be contacted at 150 South Main Street, Providence, Rhode Island 02903; by phone 1-401-274-4400; or at You may also file a police report by contacting local or state law enforcement agencies.

Washington DC Residents: The Attorney General can be contacted at the Office of the Attorney General for the District of Columbia, 400 6th Street NW, Washington DC 20001, by phone 1-202- 727-3400, or email

Was this helpful?