There are a few reasons why you might want to change your wireless number, such as if you're receiving someone else's phone calls or if you recently moved.
Things to keep in mind
- With Scam Shield, T-Mobile offers 1 free mobile number change per year, per line.
- Additional number changes will be charged $15.
- T-Mobile Prepaid plans are exempt from this fee.
- Changing your number deletes all voicemail messages. To set up a new voicemail box, use the Voicemail page for detailed steps.
- Phone number changes can take up to four hours to complete.
- Caller ID systems for landline carriers can take up to three days to show the correct calling information.
- Update your contact number on any accounts that may have your number saved, such as notifications for bank accounts, social media, etc.
- It may take up to three days to have access to T-Mobile.com using your new mobile number.
- Call records for the old phone number will no longer be available on T-Mobile.com.
- T-Mobile holds all numbers for a minimum of 45 days and up to 90 days, at which time the number will be available for reuse.
Change your phone number
To change your phone number, contact us.
Was this helpful?