There are a few reasons why you might want to change your wireless number, such as if you're receiving someone else's phone calls or if you recently moved.
Things to keep in mind
- T-Mobile charges a $15 fee to change your phone number. If you're on a Pay in Advance plan, you're exempt from this fee.
- Changing your mobile number deletes all voicemail messages. You'll need to set up a new voicemail box - use the Voicemail page for detailed steps.
- Phone number changes can take up to four hours to complete.
- Caller ID systems for landline carriers can take up to three days to show the correct calling information.
- It may take up to three days to have access to My T-Mobile using your new mobile number.
- Call records for the old phone number will no longer be available on My T-Mobile.
Change your phone number
To change your phone number, contact us.