There are a few reasons why you might want to change your wireless number, such as if you're receiving someone else's phone calls or if you recently moved.
Things to keep in mind
- With Scam Shield, T-Mobile offers 1 free mobile number change per year, per line.
- Additional number changes will be charged $15.
- T-Mobile Prepaid plans are exempt from this fee.
- Changing your number deletes all voicemail messages. To set up a new voicemail box, use the Voicemail page for detailed steps.
- Phone number changes can take up to four hours to complete.
- Caller ID systems for landline carriers can take up to three days to show the correct calling information.
- Update your contact number on any accounts that may have your number saved, such as notifications for bank accounts, social media, etc.
- It may take up to three days to have access to T-Mobile.com using your new mobile number.
- Call records for the old phone number will no longer be available on T-Mobile.com.
- T-Mobile holds all numbers for a minimum of 45 days and up to 90 days, at which time the number will be available for reuse.
Change your phone number
To change your phone number, contact us.