There are a few reasons why you might want to change your wireless number, such as if you're receiving calls for someone else or if you recently moved.
- With Scam Shield, T-Mobile offers 1 free mobile number change per year, per line.
- Additional number changes will be charged $15.
- Changing your number deletes all voicemail messages. Use the Voicemail page for detailed steps to set up a new voicemail box.
- Phone number changes can take up to four hours to complete.
- Caller ID systems for landline carriers can take up to three days to show the correct calling information.
- Update your contact number on any accounts that may have your number saved, such as notifications for bank accounts, social media, etc.
- It may take up to three days to have access to T-Mobile.com using your new number.
- Call records for the old phone number will no longer be available on T-Mobile.com.
- T-Mobile holds all numbers for a minimum of 45 days and up to 90 days, at which time the number will be available for reuse.
To change your phone number, contact us.
Was this helpful?