With Project 10Million, we’re offering help to 10 million eligible households over the next 5 years. With Project 10Million, we’re offering free hotspots with 100GBs of mobile data each year for five years, plus access to at-cost laptops and tablets, to 10 million eligible k-12 students. Enrollment is open through August 30, 2024.
To qualify for Project 10Million Direct to Parent/Guardian, you’ll need to provide:
- Proof of enrollment in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP) or verify your participation in an eligible assistance program, including:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT or P-EBT)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Community Eligibility Provision (CEP)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
- Head Start, along with foster youth, migrant, homeless, or runaway youth
- Your student’s school, district, and student ID number.
- Basic contact information (name, email, address, etc.).
.Project 10Million’s Direct to Parent/Guardian program provides internet access to eligible families that have a student enrolled in the National School Lunch program. Approved families receive 100GB of mobile data per year for 5 years and a FREE mobile hotspot, plus the opportunity to purchase additional Wi-Fi devices at a low cost.
- New and existing T-Mobile (including Metro by T-Mobile and Assurance and Sprint) as well as Non-T-Mobile customers are eligible to apply.
- Available to residents of the United States and Puerto Rico. Not currently available in the US Virgin Islands.
- One free T-Mobile hotspot device and 100GB/year data line per household, max one per student.
- Data service ends when allotment is reached until the yearly renewal date (additional data passes are available for purchase).
- May purchase up to five select, at-cost Wi-Fi-only tablets and laptops for use with the hotspot device.
Are you a school administrator? Find out how Project 10Million for Schools can help your school district.
To qualify apply for Project 10Million Direct to Parent/Guardian, you’ll need to provideupload: proof of participation in the National School Lunch Program or another eligible assistance program (See Am I eligible? above). You will also be asked to provide the following:
- Your full name, email, and shipping address (sorry, no PO boxes or military addresses)
- Your student’s ID, school name, and district name
- A PIN number and language preference for your account (English or Spanish)
Clear photos or digital copies of documents, cards, and letters are accepted as proof of program participation. Student ID cards and blurry or low-quality images are not acceptable. Need help with your application? Get assistance by visiting your local T-Mobile store.
Puerto Rico only: Students of all families living in Puerto Rico are automatically enrolled in the NSLP and do not receive a Notification or Direct Certification letter they can submit. Instead, Parents/Guardians may upload a digital copy or photo of their student’s most recent report card or kindergarten enrollment certification letter.
Apple users: To take a photo of your document to upload, you must change your camera settings. In the Settings app, select Camera. Select Format, then choose Most Compatible.
Be aware that Project 10Million hotspots and internet access are allocated across the United States and Puerto Rico based on population each year over the next five school years. If your state has already met the allocation for it the current program year, new activations are paused and will re-open on the next July 1st.
If your state has reached its allocation for the year, it’s possible that your school is already working to get you connected through Project 10Million for Schools, so please check with your school’s principal or counselor.
During congestion, Project 10Million customers may notice speeds lower than other customers due to data prioritization. Video typically streams at DVD quality (480p). Verify National School Lunch Program eligibility at sign-up. Limited time offer; subject to change. Available lines are limited. 1 offer per household. Roaming not available. Annual data service ends at earlier of 100GB or 365 days; you may purchase add-on passes. Annual data service resets each year for 5 years total. Video streams at up to 1.5Mbps. Optimization may affect speed of video downloads; does not apply to video uploads. For best performance, leave any video streaming applications at their default automatic resolution setting. Coverage not available in some areas. Network Management: Service may be slowed, suspended, terminated, or restricted for misuse, abnormal use, interference with our network or ability to provide quality service to other users, or roaming. See T-Mobile.com/OpenInternet for details. See Terms and Conditions (including arbitration provision) at www.T-Mobile.com for additional information.
Was this helpful?