New to T-Mobile? Switching is easy Set up your device Using the app Sprint Migration Center All get started topics Ways to pay your bill All about your bill Line permissions Your T-Mobile ID Your PIN/Passcode All account resources topics T-Mobile Network In-flight texting and Wi-Fi Wi-Fi Calling International roaming Mobile Without Borders All network & roaming topics Find the right plan Netflix on Us HotSpot plans Voicemail Use Mobile HotSpot All plans support topics Tutorials Troubleshooting Unlock your device Change your SIM T-Mobile eSIM All device assistance topics Get T-Mobile for Business Billing and payments Manage your account Orders and shopping Account Hub registration All business support topics

Here at T-Mobile, we're committed to keeping your account secure. If you need to change the following extra-sensitive account information, we need to verify a few official documents either in-store or by mail.

Name changes

For name changes resulting from marriage, divorce, or if we made an error when spelling your name, take one of the following documents to a retail store, find one near you.

  • Government-issued photo ID
  • Social Security card
  • Proof of address such as a utility or bank statement
  • Marriage or divorce certificate for marriage/divorce changes

For other legal name changes, send any supporting legal name change documents and a copy of a government-issued photo ID to the following address:

US Customers

T-Mobile Wireless

PO Box 37380

Albuquerque, NM 87176-7380

Puerto Rico Customers

T-Mobile Executive Response Team

PO Box 191957

San Juan, PR 00919-1957


Social Security number or birth date changes

  • To change your birth date on your account, all you need to do is take a Government-issued photo ID to a T-Mobile store.
  • To change your Social Security number, you also need to bring:
    • Social Security card
    • Proof of address such as utility or bank statement


Business accounts 21+ lines

Full or legal name change

You must take documentation to a retail store, find one near you.

  • Evidence of registered business name (e.g., Certificate of Registration, Certificate of Good Standing) with the applicable Secretary of State (SOS) or name change document from the SOS
  • Articles of Incorporation / Business Organization
  • Federal tax ID number documents with the current name
  • Bank account with the new business name on the account

Change the billing name and federal tax ID number on your account

This requires us to run credit on the new business info. To get started, contact your sales rep or visit a retail store, find one near you.



Was this helpful?