By setting up a parental controls admin PIN, you can restrict programming based on ratings, DVR recordings, and channels.
Looking for TVision LIVE, TVision VIBE, and TVision CHANNELS for T-Mobile postpaid wireless plans? Visit T-Mobile.com/TVision for details! The information on this page is only for supporting the TVision Home product.
By setting up an Admin PIN to manage parental controls, you can restrict programming like:
- Programming based on ratings
- Specific channels
- DVR recordings and channels
Good to know: Parental controls don't restrict a user's ability to view content on apps or search YouTube content.
To set up parental controls, take all of these steps:
First, create your Admin PIN
- Log in to the Customer Portal.
- Under User profiles, select Manage profiles.
- Under the Primary user, select Edit.
- Enter an Admin PIN in the PIN field.
Next, enable (or disable) parental controls
- From the Customer Portal, choose ACCOUNT.
- From PARENTAL CONTROLS, select Edit.
- Enter your Admin PIN.
- From here, toggle parental controls on or off.
Now, set up viewing restrictions
- Make sure that you're signed in as the primary user on the set-top box.
- From your TV screen, access Settings from the main left menu.
- Choose Parental Controls, then select the user profile to manage.
- Highlight and select the movie or show ratings that you want to restrict for that user's account.
- Once successfully restricted, you'll see a red lock next to the rating.
To get more information on ratings, visit www.filmratings.com for movies or www.tvguidelines.org for TV shows.
Unblock a specific show or movie, without removing parental controls:
- Access the show or movie you want to unblock and press the Select button on your remote.
- Press the Select button on your remote again to unblock the program.
- Enter your Admin PIN to unblock the movie or show.