Learn how to use your Amazon Alexa device with TVision service and voice all kinds of commands.
Looking for TVision LIVE, TVision VIBE, and TVision CHANNELS for T-Mobile postpaid wireless plans? Visit T-Mobile.com/TVision for details! The information on this page is only for supporting the TVision Home product.
On this page:
After following Amazon's instructions for setting up Alexa with a supported voice device, set up the TVision Alexa skill on your set-top box.
For Amazon Alexa to work with TVision, you'll need:
- A device that supports Alexa, like an Amazon Echo or Dot
- An Amazon account. If the Alexa device hasn't been set up yet, visit Amazon for instructions.
- A phone, tablet, or computer with the Amazon Alexa app installed
- A TVision set-top box
First, enable the TVision Alexa skill
- Log in to the Alexa app and choose Skills & Games.
- In the search bar, enter "TVision" and select it.
- From the TVision skill page, select Enable.
- Once you're routed to the TVision site, enter your TVision Customer Portal login credentials.
Next, link your Alexa device to your TV
- Ask Alexa to link/pair your device. Say, "Alexa, ask TVision to link my device."
- Select Yes to control this TV with your Alexa device.
- Select OK to continue.
- Confirm your TV is a Consumer Electronics Control (CEC) compatible brand.
- Using your TV's user manual, confirm CEC is enabled on the TV Settings screen.
- Confirm that the TVision set-top box is connected to the HDMI port that supports CEC—usually HDMI1, but check your TV user manual.
- From the TVision main menu, choose Settings.
- Select Device, then Audio & Video.
- Under the CEC setting, choose Enabled.
You can use Amazon Alexa to enjoy a hands-free viewing experience. Here's some popular voice commands—just say the words below.
Log in or out
- Alexa, turn on/off my TV.
- Alexa, ask TVision to log in user <name>.
- Alexa, ask TVision to add a new user <user's name>.
Ask what's on TV
- Alexa, ask TVision what I should watch.
- Alexa, ask TVision what's on channel <channel number>.
- Alexa, ask TVision what's On Demand/on my DVR
Get info on specific programming
- Alexa, ask TVision to search for <series or movie title>.
- Alexa, ask TVision to tell me about <series or movie title>.
Play, pause & record programming
- Alexa, ask TVision to start the show <show name>.
- Alexa, ask TVision to channel up/down.
- Alexa, ask TVision to record this show.
- Alexa, ask TVision to pause/resume <show/movie title>.
Switch menus & screens
- Alexa, ask TVision to go to my home screen.
- Alexa, ask TVision to change parental controls.
Dismiss Data Saver
"I'm still watching."
- Alexa, ask TVision to enable/disable auto-volume.
- Alexa, ask TVision change LCD bottom light color to <color>.