Learn about eSIMs and how you can use them with T-Mobile.
On this page:
- Embedded SIM (eSIM) is just a physical SIM gone digital. Like a physical SIM card, an eSIM provides your connection to the T-Mobile network.
- An eSIM is built into your device just activate it with your account information rather than inserting a physical SIM.
- Some eSIM compatible phones like the iPhone XS, XR, and XS Max are also DSDS (Dual SIM Dual Standby). DSDS compatible devices can accommodate both an eSIM and a physical SIM so you can have two wireless accounts with talk, text, and data on one device.
eSIM is great for anyone who wants to use both their work and personal numbers on a single smartphone if you want to easily set up your phone with an international carrier for extended stays outside the U.S. or you just want to get rid of that physical SIM card. Plus, AT&T, Sprint and Verizon customers can get T-Mobile on their existing smartphone.
- You'll need to visit a T-Mobile retail store to activate a postpaid line on an eSIM. One of our Mobile Experts will check your device for eligibility and walk you through the setup process. Need help finding a store? Go to our T-Mobile store locator to find the store nearest you.
- If you already have T-Mobile postpaid service on your eSIM capable device using a physical SIM card and are looking to swap the service to an eSIM, you can either visit your local T-Mobile store or contact our Customer Care Experts for assistance.
- If you want to activate a new Prepaid account on your iPhone with eSIM, download and install the T-Mobile eSIM app.
- You can transfer the service on an eSIM from one Apple iOS 13.1+ device to another iOS 13.1+ device. Non-Apple devices to not have this capability.
- Activate your eSIM at a T-Mobile store or have one of our Experts swap your physical SIM for an eSIM.
- Make sure you have access to the internet on your device, we recommend Wi-Fi.
- If you're changing from a physical SIM to an eSIM, remove the physical SIM from your device.
- After that, download the eSIM settings using the QR code or SM-DP+ Address below.
- Find steps by choosing your Device and selecting eSIM settings in the Connection & Network drawer.
- For iPhones with eSIM, go to Settings > Cellular > Add Cellular Plan.
- SM-DP+ Address: T-MOBILE.GDSB.NET
- Activation code: [Blank]
- Confirmation code: [Blank]