Learn about eSIMs and how you can use them with T-Mobile.
On this page:
- Embedded SIM (eSIM) is just a physical SIM gone digital. Like a physical SIM card, an eSIM provides your connection to the T-Mobile network.
- An eSIM is built into your device. You activate it with your account information rather than inserting a physical SIM.
- Some devices can accommodate both an eSIM and a physical SIM at the same time, so you can have two wireless accounts with talk, text, and data on one device.
eSIM is great for anyone who wants to use both their work and personal numbers on a single smartphone, if you want to easily set up your phone with an international carrier for extended stays outside the U.S., or you just want to get rid of that SIM card. Plus, AT&T and Verizon customers can activate a separate T-Mobile plan on their existing smartphone.
- Most T-Mobile customers can simply change their SIM using the device EID, then download the eSIM. To find your EID:
- iPhone: From the home screen, tap Settings > General > About.
- Android: From the list of apps, tap Settings > About Phone > SIM Status or Status Information.
- Some devices can transfer or activate an eSIM right from the device. To see if that's available, check the Apple or Samsung tutorials.
- T-Mobile Prepaid customers with an iPhone must download and install the T-Mobile Prepaid eSIM app.
- T-Mobile Postpaid customers with iPhones will automatically be prompted to download the eSIM if connected to Wi-Fi. Just tap the notification to install.
- T-Mobile Prepaid customers with an iPhone automatically download their eSIM when they activate with the T-Mobile Prepaid eSIM app.
- For other devices, follow the steps below to use a QR code or type in the information.
Scan the QR code / enter eSIM information
- Make sure you've already activated your eSIM online or with a T-Mobile Expert.
- Update your device software to the latest version.
- Connect your device to Wi-Fi and make sure you can access the internet.
- Scan the QR Code or manually enter the information below. For steps, choose your Device and click Connections & Network > eSIM settings.
- SM-DP+ Address: T-MOBILE.GDSB.NET
- Activation code: [Blank]
- Confirmation code: [Blank]
- For Apple devices, check out Apple eSIM troubleshooting.
- For Samsung devices, check out Samsung eSIM troubleshooting.
- For other devices, Contact Us so we can take a look.
Was this helpful?