Are you with us? Transfer your mobile or landline number to T-Mobile and join the Uncarrier!
First, let's check eligibility. In rare instances, your number may not be eligible if we don't have a transfer agreement with your original service provider. If this happens, we can give you a brand new number.
- Listen to this great news, there's no fee to transfer your number to T-Mobile, and it gets even better! With Carrier Freedom, T-Mobile will pay early termination fees or device payments for up to five lines that are currently under a postpaid contract with AT&T or Verizon.
- Looking for a deal? We've got you covered. Check out our current Deals to find if there's anything that fits your needs. Love your current device that much? That's fine, too. Check out our Bring your own device program.
- Once you've had some serious retail therapy, let's take a look at your options to begin the transfer.
Give us a call: It's that simple! Give us a call at 1-800-937-8997, and let us know that you're ready to make the switch! For Prepaid, call 1-877-778-2106.
Go to a store: You can also go into one of our stores and get some face-time with one of our Mobile Experts. If you have a prepaid account that you'd like to transfer, come to one of our stores to begin the process.
Do it online: Rather begin your transfer online? Of course you can. Follow the number transfer instructions on the payment page at checkout. We recommend this method if you don't need to use you current phone until your new T-Mobile phone or SIM card arrives.
- Now you can start the transition to your new T-Mobile account. To transition smoothly, keep your old phone and old account active until your number is fully activated on your new T-Mobile account.
- To make sure you don't miss any important calls or texts, your best bet is to wait to transfer your number until after you get your new device and SIM card.
- We'll handle the heavy lifting from here...
Number transfer timelines and expectations
How long does it take?
A single line, wireless or landline, typically takes two business days or less, but can take up to 10 business days.
Multiple lines may take up to 10 days, but most multi-line requests are completed within six calendar days.
No one likes retyping their contacts
You definitely don't want to lose any important information. We recommend backing up your contacts, voicemail, and text messages before transferring your number to T-Mobile.
No, you haven't fallen into a parallel universe, you're just experiencing Dual Service. This is a period of up to 24 hours where service may be active on both phones. If you have to call 911 during this time, stay on the line. 911 may not be able to call you back.
Let the games begin!
You'll get a text message from T-Mobile to let you know the porting process has started. Don't cancel service for your old phone yet! Once you get a confirmation message from T-Mobile that the transfer is complete, cancel your service with your previous carrier. If you have any questions or experience any problems, we'd be happy to help!
Check port status
To check the status of your port request, contact a specialist at 1-877-789-3106. We'll look up your request, and give you any updates.
If you need help with your account or device, we're here to help. If you still want to transfer your number, contact the other carrier to start the port-out process.
Was this helpful?