To activate your T-Mobile Prepaid service or switch to a Magenta (postpaid) account, follow the applicable steps below.
- Gather the items you'll need to activate service:
- Your phone's serial number (sometimes referred to as IMEI). To find your phone's serial number, dial *#06# and then send the call.
- Prepaid SIM card (If you're using an iPhone, the SIM card is already in your phone.)
- Click the link to set up and activate your T-Mobile phone now.
- Contact T-Mobile Customer Service if you need assistance.
For our latest postpaid plans, read about Magenta. When you switch to a postpaid plan, you can:
- Choose from one of our latest phones or devices.
- Finance your new phone through our Equipment Installment Plan (EIP).
- Sign up for JUMP!™ which lets you upgrade your phone without any hassle, while also helping to protect your phone in the event of damage, mechanical or electrical breakdown, loss, or theft.
- Having a postpaid monthly account will be a different experience than prepaid. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Credit check: To get the ball rolling, a credit check is required. All customers who sign up for Magenta go through this process.
- Deposit: You may need to make a deposit before your new monthly plan can be activated.
- Phone number: You can transfer (port) your current mobile number to your new monthly plan account, or you can start fresh with a new number.
Keep your phone or upgrade
When switching to a monthly postpaid account, you have a couple of options regarding your phone: