Bellevue, Wash. — Oct. 26, 2006
For the fourth consecutive time, T-Mobile USA, Inc. received the highest ranking in the J.D. Power and Associates Wireless Retail Sales Satisfaction Performance Study. In the Volume 2 results announced today, T-Mobile ranks “highest in overall customer satisfaction with wireless retail service.”
This builds on the top ranking that T-Mobile received in Volume 1 of the same study earlier this year, as well as in the studies conducted in 2005 (in a tie) and 2004.
“Providing a great experience for customers at retail is at the heart of our business. T-Mobile’s consistently highest ranking for retail wireless service is a direct reflection of our laser focus on the customer,” said Bonita Inza, vice president of Retail Sales and Operations at T-Mobile USA. “It’s not only our goal to be the best in retail service in the wireless industry, but ultimately to be the best among all retail companies.”
According to today’s survey results, T-Mobile ranks significantly higher than the industry average in all four of the following key categories:
- Sales staff. T-Mobile was called out for its excellent work in “promptness in assisting you when you first enter the store” and in expediting the “length of time to complete the entire purchase transaction.”
- Store display. T-Mobile was significantly higher than the industry average in all four areas of measurement: phones to try, product/service information, ease of use of display/booth, and clarity of displays/information.
- Store facility. T-Mobile ranked highest among national carriers and again exceeded the industry average ratings in this category.
- Price/promotion. T-Mobile was significantly higher than the industry average in the three attributes measured: availability of price/product incentives, rebates offered on phones/accessories, and rebates offered on service plans.
Today’s award continues to reflect the outstanding service received by T-Mobile customers. In this year alone, T-Mobile has received top-ranking accolades in the following J.D. Power and Associates studies:
- In October 2006, T-Mobile was the only wireless carrier to rank significantly above the industry average in all criteria measuring wireless customer satisfaction, according to 2006 U.S. Wireless Regional Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI) Study – Volume 2.
- In July 2006, T-Mobile was the highest-ranked carrier in the 2006 Wireless Customer Care Performance Study – Volume 2, repeating its success in this study from 2004, 2005 and Volume 1 earlier in 2006. This study provides a detailed report card based on customer experiences over the phone with T-Mobile customer service professionals, in person at T-Mobile retail stores, and online at www.t-mobile.com.
- In March 2006, T-Mobile received the highest overall ranking among wireless carriers for call quality in three of the six regions surveyed: Northeast (in a tie), West and Southwest.
More information about the J.D. Power and Associates study can be found at www.jdpower.com.
T-Mobile USA Media Relations
About T-Mobile USA, Inc.
Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile USA, Inc. is the U.S. wireless operation of Deutsche Telekom AG. By the end of the first quarter of 2010, approximately 150 million mobile customers were served by the mobile communication segments of the Deutsche Telekom group - 33.7 million by T-Mobile USA - all via a common technology platform based on GSM and UMTS, the world's most widely used digital wireless standards. T-Mobile USA's innovative wireless products and services help empower people to connect to those who matter most. Multiple independent research studies continue to rank T-Mobile among the highest in numerous regions throughout the U.S. in wireless customer care and call quality. For more information, please visit http://www.T-Mobile.com. T-Mobile is a federally registered trademark of Deutsche Telekom AG.