EMERGENCY BROADBAND BENEFIT
Providing high-speed internet access to households in need.
The new federal Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is available through Metro® by T-Mobile and Assurance Wireless®. Find out how to apply today.
Questions about this program?
What is the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) and how does it work?
- The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is a federal government program that replaced the temporary Emergency Broadband Benefit program and provides a discount on monthly high-speed internet service bills for qualifying low-income households. ACP is available at Metro by T-Mobile and Assurance Wireless.
- If your household is eligible, you can receive:
- Up to a $30/month discount on your qualifying rate plan service (up to a $75/month discount if your household is on qualifying Tribal lands)
- Only one monthly service discount is allowed per household.
Can I keep my T-Mobile device and bring it to Metro by T-Mobile to get ACP?
Please check with your Agency for guidance on keeping your T-Mobile Device.
- If your Agency decides to gift your device, see the Metro by T-Mobile ACP page for more info.
Can I switch from EBB to ACP now, or do I have to wait until after March 1, 2022?
You are free to take the necessary actions, including ACP verification and submission, at any time. You do not need to wait for March 1, 2022.
Why is the Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) program ending?
- The FCC launched EBB as a temporary program to help subsidize the cost of high-speed Internet services for households struggling financially due to the COVID-19 pandemic. It was replaced with the new, long-term Affordable Connectivity Program which started December 31, 2021.
- If you are enrolled in EBB, you will receive additional information if you are required to take any steps to confirm eligibility for ACP. If eligible, you can continue your ACP benefit with Assurance Wireless or Metro by T-Mobile.
Is there anything I need to do? Will I lose my discount?
If you’re already enrolled in EBB with T-Mobile by December 30, 2021, you’ll continue to receive the EBB discount through March 1, 2022.
I am getting EBB discount from someone else, can I bring my EBB discount to T-Mobile?
Yes! Starting 12/31/21 you can use the links on this page to submit your EBB transfer.