For the Fifth Consecutive Reporting Period, Customers Confirm T-Mobile as the Leader in Customer Care
Bellevue, Wash. — Jan. 25, 2007
Confirming its status as the industry leader in customer care, T-Mobile USA, Inc., today announces it has achieved the highest ranking from the J.D. Power and Associates’ 2007 Wireless Customer Care Performance Study – Volume 1. This marks the fifth consecutive period in which T-Mobile has received the highest ranking in the customer care study.
“Once again our customers have spoken, ranking T-Mobile highest in customer care performance for the fifth time in a row,” said Sue Nokes, senior vice president of Sales and Customer Service, T-Mobile USA. “It’s a testament to our frontline employees and their dedication to creating the best possible service experience so our customers are the real winners.”
The study provides a detailed report card based on consumer experiences on the phone with T-Mobile customer service professionals, in-person at T-Mobile retail stores, and online at www.t-mobile.com. The study notes:
- In overall customer care performance, T-Mobile ranks highest among all wireless providers, significantly above all its competitors and the industry average.
- T-Mobile’s Automated Response System (voice-prompted assistance) scores highest among all wireless providers.
- T-Mobile scores higher than the industry average in customers’ experiencing a hold time of two minutes or less.
- In direct dealings with Customer Service Representatives, T-Mobile is at or above the industry average in all nine attributes.
- T-Mobile scores highest among all wireless providers in the Walk-In retail channel of the study.
The 2007 Wireless Customer Care Performance Study – Volume 1 is based on responses from nearly 14,000 wireless customers. Interviews were conducted during June and September 2006.
Within the past six months, T-Mobile has received the highest-ranking award in J.D. Power and Associates studies measuring the following:
- Overall Customer Satisfaction, for the fourth consecutive reporting period
- Call Quality; West outright and Southeast in a tie
- Wireless Retail Satisfaction, for the fourth consecutive reporting period
More information about the J.D. Power and Associates study can be found at www.jdpower.com.
T-Mobile USA Media Relations
About T-Mobile USA, Inc.
Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile USA, Inc. is the U.S. wireless operation of Deutsche Telekom AG. By the end of the first quarter of 2010, approximately 150 million mobile customers were served by the mobile communication segments of the Deutsche Telekom group - 33.7 million by T-Mobile USA - all via a common technology platform based on GSM and UMTS, the world's most widely used digital wireless standards. T-Mobile USA's innovative wireless products and services help empower people to connect to those who matter most. Multiple independent research studies continue to rank T-Mobile among the highest in numerous regions throughout the U.S. in wireless customer care and call quality. For more information, please visit http://www.T-Mobile.com. T-Mobile is a federally registered trademark of Deutsche Telekom AG.