OVERLAND PARK, Kan. (BUSINESS WIRE), November 18, 2014 – Now easy to use Business conferencing services from UberConference by Switch Communications can be added to Sprint’s (NYSE: S) mobile-centric Google Apps for Work offer to help employees be more collaborative and the business to grow faster. UberConference is a professional high-quality audio conference and online meeting solution. In addition to core conferencing capabilities, it extends Google Hangouts up to 100 participants. Run by a group of former Google employees, including Google Voice creator Craig Walker, UberConference is uniquely positioned to help companies optimize their Google Apps for Work suite.
Sprint business customers can now enjoy this suite of value-added services for Google Apps for Work via UberConference:
- Audio Conferences – Extend Google Hangouts to have up to 100 Dial-In participants
- PIN-less Conference Calls – makes it easier to join a conference from your mobile device
- Web Conferences – Call in to online meetings from desktop or mobile smart device
- Conference Control – Monitor loud background noise by muting disruptive callers
- Document Sharing – Display and share important documents on participant’s screens
- Text Chat – Communicate with individual guests or guest groups
- Automatic Calling – Stay on-schedule by opting for automatic call to all participants
- HD Audio – Experience high call quality and clarity
- Call Recording – Save conferences as MP3s for easy playback
“UberConference delivers state of the art, cloud-based collaboration tools for conference calling, a space that hasn’t seen innovation in decades,” said Craig Walker, CEO of Switch Communications. “We’ve seen great traction from companies both large and small, who are looking to improve their employees’ conferencing experience, while also helping reduce their annual conference costs. We look forward to accelerating our rapid growth trajectory by teaming with Sprint.”
This builds on Sprint’s mobile-centric solution of Google Apps for Work, which is part of the software-as-a-service portfolio, OfficeFuelTM from Sprint Business.
Sprint’s current Google Apps for Work offer also includes:
- Service and support – Full array of deployment and support services, called Carefree Cloud, to help businesses plan and use the solution across all employees. Carefree Cloud includes consultation, deployment, mobile device configuration, and 24/7 ongoing admin and end user support complete with online user training guidance to simplify the implementation and use of Google Apps for Work from end to end. An e-learning application and end-user live call support are available at no charge during an initial promotional period.*
- Mobile expertise – Sprint’s core business in mobility offers a unique approach to help businesses adopt cloud services and use them effectively on an array of mobile devices so employees can work how they want to work. Users can learn more through a series of live webinars that train on how to set up and use Google Apps on mobile devices. More than 100 proprietary mobile training videos are only available from Sprint.
- Complete solution – Sprint serves as the one-stop shop for businesses by packaging all elements needed to support a comprehensive cloud-based collaboration experience. This includes value-added offers such as single sign-on and domain services.
“Sprint is committed to building a comprehensive mobile-centric Google Apps for Work offer that makes it easy for businesses to benefit from collaboration and adding UberConference to our portfolio of value-added services helps us achieve that goal,” said Mike Fitz, vice president of business solution commercialization, Sprint Business. “Businesses will benefit from our combination of aggressive wireless pricing plans and cloud-based collaboration tools that help businesses remove obstacles for their employees and encourage them to work better together.”
For more information about Sprint’s offering of Google Apps for Work, businesses can visit www.sprint.com/googleapps. For more information about UberConference, please visit https://www.sprint.com/uberconference.
About Sprint Business
Sprint Business provides a range of simple, flexible services that help workforces to collaborate, mobilize and accelerate. As work changes, the winners will be the businesses that remove obstacles to best empower their employees to drive business success. Our solutions are designed specifically to help our customers' people work better together, be more engaged and enjoy their jobs more. To learn more, visit www.sprint.com/business or join the conversation at www.sprint.com/futureofwork.
Sprint (NYSE: S) is a communications services company that creates more and better ways to connect its customers to the things they care about most. Sprint served 55 million customers as of September 30, 2014 and is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including the first wireless 4G service from a national carrier in the United States; leading no-contract brands including Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, and Assurance Wireless; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. Sprint has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) North America for the last four years. You can learn more and visit Sprint at www.sprint.com or www.facebook.com/sprint and www.twitter.com/sprint.
* For all businesses signed up for Google Apps for Business or Google Apps Unlimited with Sprint by Dec. 31, 2014, Sprint offers Carefree Cloud End User Complete Support for free to their Google Apps End Users for the lifetime of the business's Google Apps subscription with Sprint. This is applicable to the business' Google Apps End Users at the time of signing up for Google Apps services with Sprint and also applicable to the End Users added later during their Google Apps service with Sprint.