T-Mobile is constantly pushing the boundaries to exceed customer expectations at every opportunity, and if possible we'd like to prevent your cancellation.
On this page:
If there is anything we can do to make your experience better, we are here to help! If you prefer to tackle your concerns yourself, check out these resources.
- First, look at the T-Mobile coverage check map which will help you see services available where you work, live, and play.
- If you're not getting the coverage you expect in those areas, see Signal issues / no service troubleshooting.
- T-Mobile also offers coverage alternatives in those hard to reach places, such as Wi-Fi Calling from T-Mobile or devices such as the free 4G LTE CellSpot device, which turns your home internet into a cellular connection.
Phones and devices
- All cancellations are future dated and will go into effect at the end of your current bill cycle.
- Service impacts once a number is cancelled:
- Voicemail and DIGITS call histories and messages will be deleted and cannot be recovered. Check and save your voicemail messages prior to cancelling.
- You will no longer have access to My T-Mobile - remaining active lines will continue to have access.
- Final payment can be made via:
- If there is an active line on your account, any Equipment Installment Plan (EIP) device payments on a cancelled line will continue to bill as usual.
- If the entire account is closed, all remaining EIP remaining balances will be charged in full on your final bill.
Cancellations cannot be completed online or through the T-Mobile App. If you decide that you're ready to cancel or have additional questions, we can help you out. Contact us.
If someone has passed away, you can either close their account or keep the same mobile number under a new account. The process is the same whether you want to close the account, or continue service with the same mobile number and device previously owned by the family member that passed away.
For the quickest resolution, it's best to have the following information before calling:
- Name of the person on the account
- Their mobile phone number
- Date of birth
- Last four digits of the deceased customer's Social Security number
Puerto Rico customers
If the deceased is from Puerto Rico, call 1-877-746-0909 or please mail your request to:
T-Mobile Executive Customer Relations
PO Box 191957
San Juan, PR 00919-1957
Was this helpful?