The 4G LTE CellSpot is a mini cell tower in your home or small office, which connects through your high-speed Internet. It creates a 3G/4G and 4G LTE signal to create better indoor coverage, more dependable voice calls, and consistent data speeds.
Your phone or device connects to the CellSpot over 3G, 4G, or 4G LTE, and your usage is billed to your account the same as your usage of the larger T-Mobile cellular network. You don't need any indoor signal at home or Wi-Fi.
- A valid e911 address is required on the line for the service to work. This is for your safety, so emergency services can find your location.
- Locations must be an area where T-Mobile offers service and has local e911.
- Only one coverage device is allowed per coverage use address.
- The address must have no existing CellSpot or signal booster.
- Multiple CellSpots can be at different addresses in the same area. In this case, the devices will not interfere with one another, but they do not work together (such as not handing off calls between devices). Therefore, multiple devices should not be in close proximity or used alone to address coverage in large buildings.
- Placing mini-towers in high-traffic area could lead to call failure when the device is at maximum connections.
- No existing Wi-Fi or T-Mobile cellular signal needed!
Phone & Internet requirements
- Supports all 3G (UMTS), and 4G (HSPA+) and 4G LTE capable devices that can connect to the T-Mobile network.
- Internet with reliable high speeds. Try a speed test when connected to your home internet to check for:
- Ping / latency: 200 ms (or less)
- Download: 2 Mbps (or more)
- Upload: 0.5 Mbps (or more)
- Bridge mode: enabled
- UDP ports: 123, 500, and 4500 opened
- Cable or DSL Internet is recommended. Satellite and cellular Internet are not supported.
If you cancel service, port out, or don't want the CellSpot anymore, we'll send you a prepaid shipping label to return it.
- When a line associated with the CellSpot is canceled/ported out, the CellSpot is immediately deactivated. It cannot be reactivated and must be returned.
- Possible fees may be charged for not returning the device in good condition.
- To return a device, see Return a T-Mobile coverage device.
|Spec||4G LTE CellSpot|
16 simultaneous users (8 on 4G LTE, and 8 on 3G/4G UMTS)
|Range||Approximately 3,000 square feet|
Moving into 4G LTE CellSpot area
Calls started on the T-Mobile cellular network are not automatically handed over to the 4G LTE CellSpot.
When the call is ended, the phone automatically connects to the 4G LTE CellSpot signal.
Leaving 4G LTE CellSpot area
Calls started on the 4G LTE CellSpot automatically hand over to cellular network if a stronger cellular signal becomes available.
Handoff is not guaranteed, due to outdoor network availability and coverage levels.
|Devices supported||T-Mobile and non-T-Mobile (BYOD) devices that can connect to the T-Mobile network's 3G, 4G, or 4G LTE|
UMTS/WCDMA/HSPA Band 2 (1900 MHz)
No 2G bands
This will not interfere with Wi-Fi routers.
- If you want help setting up your CellSpot or it seems to have problems, please check out 4G LTE CellSpot setup & help.
- If you moved, you can take the CellSpot with you. Just update your e911 address and Register the address of use.