Marketing Solutions, a division of T‑Mobile USA, (“Marketing Solutions”, “we”, or “our”) is committed to maintaining your trust by respecting and protecting your privacy. This privacy notice describes how we collect, use, and share personal data of visitors to our websites (“Visitors”), including on our website www.T‑Mobile.com/marketing-solutions and our restricted access Magenta Marketing Platform site (“Platform”) at http://console.magentamarketing.com/ (collectively “Sites”) and from employees, contractors, agents or authorized users or representatives of customers (“Customers”) who use the Services available from the Sites (“Services”). It also explains choices available to you about how we use and share your personal data, how we communicate with you, how you can make requests related to your personal data, and other important considerations. To learn about Marketing Solutions’ data practices in connection with its mobile services visit our Mobile Services Privacy Notice. This privacy notice does not cover T‑Mobile’s mobile services or data practices, to learn about T‑Mobile’s data practices visit the T‑Mobile Privacy Statement.
Personal Data We Collect
The personal data we collect depends on the Sites and Services you access and use, how you interact with our Sites and Services, and the choices you make.
Data You Provide Directly
- Contact data, such as your name, e-mail address, mailing address, and phone number;
- Account data, such as your usernames, passwords, security codes, or signature;
- Payment information, such as credit card, debit card, bank account number, or your or your company’s other financial information;
- Preferences, such as marketing and communication preferences participation in Marketing Solutions events and programs;
- Demographics information, such as your title, company, industry, and similar demographic details; and
- Other data you choose to provide, such as when you submit a survey response, request more information from us, enter a contest or promotion, or contact our representatives.
Data We Automatically Collect
When Visitors and Customers access or use our Sites and Services, we collect some data automatically. For example:
- Data about your mobile device such as: operating system, hardware version, device settings, language settings, telecommunications carriers, ISPs, installed application IDs, and time zone.
- Data about your use of and interaction with your mobile device, mobile apps, websites, and advertisements including the names and types of apps that you use and features you use in those apps, web browsing and usage history, and search history, pages viewed, time spent on a page, configuration of a Customer’s or Visitor’s landing page, or settings used.
Identifiers and device information, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, device identifiers including mobile device Advertising ID (known as “IDFA” for iOS devices, or “Android Advertising ID” for Android devices), information about your device’s operating system, hardware version, device settings, and browser information, including type, version, language, and configuration when you visit our Sites. We also collect time zone, language setting, referring URLs, cookie information, click path, general geographic information, and your Internet Service Provider. Our Sites and Services store and retrieve data using cookies (or similar technologies) set on your device, as further described below in the Cookies, Web Beacons, and Analytics section.
- Inferences drawn to create a profile about you reflecting your preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
Data We Collect from Third Party Sources
We may collect all of the categories of personal data about you from third-party sources including, for example:
- Data brokers from which we obtain demographic data to supplement the personal data we collect;
- Applications and services, such as social networks, that license, sell, or otherwise make users’ personal data available to others;
- Service providers such as analytics providers or providers that help us determine your device’s location based on its IP address to customize certain Services to your location;
- Partners with which we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities; and
- Publicly available sources, such as open government databases or other personal information in the public domain.
Use of Your Data
We use the personal data we collect to:
- Enhance or improve our Sites and Services
- Verify your identity when accessing or using the Sites or Services
- Operate our business, including billing, accounting, and improving our internal operations, process transactions between Customers and Marketing Solutions secure our systems, and detect or prevent fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity
- Send information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates security alerts, and support or administrative messages and respond to Visitors’ or Customers’ inquiries and fulfill their requests
- Send emails and updates about Marketing Solutions, including newsletters, notifications, or other requested information
- Personalize each Visitor’s or Customer’s experience on the Sites and Services
- Ensure that the Sites function properly and are optimized for each Visitor’s or Customer’s computer or device
- Provide, deliver, maintain, measure and improve our Sites and Services, including securing, troubleshooting, updating, optimizing, personalizing the Sites and Services, and developing features on the Sites and Services that may be of interest to Visitors or Customers
- Optimize our marketing efforts, for example to compile statistics regarding our Visitors and Customers
- Display advertising to our Visitors and Customers
- Perform any other function that we believe in good faith is necessary to protect the security or proper functioning of our Site or Service, including detecting or preventing fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity
Cookies, Web Beacons, and Analytics
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
We and others use a variety of tracking technologies, including cookies and device IDs on our Sites, in emails, on social media sites, and in advertisements that are served to help:
- Recognize users across devices, such as smartphones, computers, tablets or related browsers.
- Recognize the browser of any returning Visitor or Customer browser and save and remember your preference that were set during that browser’s previous visit to the Site, such as your sign-in information.
- Customize the content or advertisements provided to a Visitor or Customer on the Site or on other websites across the Internet.
- Measure and research the effectiveness of website features and offerings, advertisements, and emails by determining which emails you open and act upon.
We use third party cookies on our Site, we do not have access to, or control over, the technologies that these third parties may use to collect data about you or your interests, and the information practices of these third parties are not covered by this Privacy Notice.
We use web beacons (small graphic images on a web page or an HTML e-mail) to monitor your interaction with our Sites or e-mails. Web beacons are generally invisible because they are very small (only 1-by-1 pixel) and the same color as the background of the web page or e-mail message. Web beacons place cookies on your devices and collect data (such as the cookie data stored on your browser or the IP address of your device). We, and our analytics and advertising partners, use these cookies, web beacons, device IDs, and other tracking technologies on our Sites and with our Services to collect personal data that may allow our service providers to perform analytics on our Sites and Services, monitor the traffic patterns within our Site, understand whether a Visitor has accessed the Site from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party Site, and measure the effectiveness of our offerings, store your preferences and settings, enable you to sign-in, analyze how our Sites and Services perform, track your interaction with the Sites and Services, develop inferences, deliver and tailor interest-based advertising, combat fraud, and fulfill other legitimate purposes. We and/or our partners also share the data we collect or infer with third parties for these purposes.
We and others may use these and a variety of technologies and techniques to collect data about you and/or the apps, sites, devices, and browsers you use (“Properties”). We and others use these tools on or through multiple Properties over time and across different Properties. Data collected about you from a particular Property you use may be used and linked with other data collected about you on a different Property you use. Any choice made by you regarding our collection of data on one Property may not apply on other Properties and you should revisit opt-out pages or settings from those other Properties to apply your choices to those Properties.
One of the analytics providers we use is Google Analytics. To learn more about how Google collects and processes personal data, please visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites.
Cookie Tracking Choices
Most browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can go to your browser settings to learn how to delete or reject cookies. If you choose to delete or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our website. If you choose to delete cookies, settings and preferences controlled by those cookies, including advertising preferences, may be deleted and may need to be recreated.
To learn how to opt-out of our sale, license, or use of your personal data by Marketing Solutions to support interest-based advertising, you may visit https://www.pushspring.com/optout.html and follow the opt-out instructions.
Many of our partners are also members of associations, which provide a simple way to opt out of analytics and ad targeting, which you can access at:
Email Tracking Choices
Most email clients have settings which allow you to prevent the automatic downloading of images, which will disable web beacons in the email messages you read.
Mobile Ad Choices
You can also restrict mobile interest-based advertising by turning on “Limit Ad Tracking” in your device settings. To limit Ad Track on an Apple device, see instructions at: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202074. To limit Ad Tracking on an Android device, see instructions at: https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922. You may also reset the Advertising ID associated with your device by following instructions provided by your device manufacturer or operating system developer.
Please note, that opting-out with any of the methods above will not stop the display of advertisements to you only those advertisements that are targeted to you individually based on your profile.
California “Do Not Sell My Info”
The California Consumer Protection Act (“CCPA”) requires us to disclose categories of personal data sold to third parties and how to opt-out of future sales. The CCPA defines personal data to include online identifiers, including IP address and cookies IDs. The law also defines a “sale” to include making data available to third parties in some cases. We permit our advertising and analytics providers to collect IP addresses and cookie IDs through our Sites and Services when you use access and use our Sites and Services, and they may further sell such data to others, but do not “sell” any other types of personal data in connection with these Services.
If you do not wish for us or our partners to “sell” or further “sell” your personal information to third parties for advertising or analytics purposes, please visit https://www.pushspring.com/optout.html. You can also make your Do Not Sell Request by emailing mmp-privacy@T‑Mobile.com or calling 1-844-905-1877.
California “Do Not Track”
California law requires that operators of websites and online services disclose how they respond to a Do Not Track signal. Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret Do Not Track signals, we do not currently respond to Do Not Track signals. However, we provide you with the ability to opt-out of the use of tracking technologies used to send you interest-based advertising as described above.
Your Privacy Choices
You can choose whether to receive promotional communications from us by email. If you receive promotional email from us and would like to stop, you can do so by following the directions in that email or by contacting us as set forth in the “Contact Us” section below. These choices do not apply to mandatory service emails that are part of certain of our products, or to surveys or other informational emails that may have their own unsubscribe method.
Visit our Cookies Web Beacons, and Analytics section for information on how to opt-out of certain tracking with cookies, mobile IDs and other technologies.
Third Party Access to Your Data
We share or disclose the categories of personal data described above with others, as explained below.
Parent Company, Subsidiaries and Affiliates
We share personal data with our parent company, T‑Mobile USA, Inc., and its subsidiaries and affiliates that share common data systems and process personal data to provide our products and services and operate our business.
We share personal data with unaffiliated companies or individuals we hire or work with to provide services or perform business functions on our behalf. These service providers need access to the personal data to perform the functions we’ve requested of them. Examples of service providers we engage include cloud service providers, analytics and measurement providers, and consultants. These service providers are contractually required to treat the personal data we provide as confidential, and to use the personal data only to provide the services we have requested they perform on our behalf.
Identity Verification and Fraud Prevention Services
To help protect our Visitors and Customers from fraud, we may share limited personal data (such as name, address, account status) with trusted partners that provide fraud prevention services.
We may disclose or transfer personal data about you as part of a corporate business transaction, such as a merger or acquisition, joint venture, corporate reorganization, financing, or sale of company assets, or in the unlikely event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, in which case the personal data could be transferred to third parties as a business asset in the transaction – subject to the terms of this privacy notice. We may also share personal data with banks for purposes of transferring loans in connection with your device financing.
In addition to the data described above, we may share aggregated data of Visitors or Customers publicly and with our partners. For example, we may share data publicly to show trends about the general use of our Services. This data cannot be used to identify individuals. We do not share or disclose any data that is confidential or proprietary to our Customers.
Legal Process and Protection
We may disclose personal data to third parties involved in legal process or protection matters, including government authorities, where we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of such data is reasonably necessary, including:
- To satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request;
- To enforce or apply agreements, or initiate, render, bill, and collect for services and products (including to collection agencies to obtain payment for our products and services);
- To protect the rights, interests, property, or safety of Marketing Solutions, T‑Mobile, or others;
- In connection with claims, disputes, or litigation – in court or elsewhere;
- To protect users of our services and other carriers, or providers from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful use of, or subscription to, such services, and other fraudulent activity;
- To facilitate or verify the appropriate calculation of taxes, fees, or other obligations due to a local, state, or federal government; and
- In an emergency.
We use a variety of administrative, technical, and physical security measures designed to protect your personal data against accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use while it is under our control.
Despite our security efforts, we cannot guarantee that our safeguards will prevent every unauthorized attempt to access, use, or disclose personal data. We maintain security incident response plans to investigate and remediate incidents involving unauthorized access to personal data.
Your California Privacy Rights
California “Shine the Light” Disclosure
California residents are allowed to request certain information regarding whether the operator of an online service discloses personal information (as defined in §1798.83 of the California Civil Code) about them to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. You may contact us at mmp-privacy@T‑Mobile.com with any questions regarding the sharing of personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
If you have questions about this provision, you may contact us as provided in the “How to Contact Us” section. You may reach the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by mail at 1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N112, Sacramento, CA 95834, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210.
Additional Disclosures Required by the California Consumer Privacy Act
If you are a California resident and the processing of personal data about you is subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), beginning on January 1, 2020, you have certain rights with respect to that data.
Right to Know. You have a right to request that companies provide you with the following information:
(1) Categories of Personal Data Collected: California law requires we provide notice of the categories of personal data collected in the preceding 12 months, which is described in the “Personal Data We Collect” section above.
(2) Categories of Sources of Personal Data: We collect personal data directly from you, automatically from your use of our products and services, from unaffiliated parties, and by using or combining personal data to derive additional personal data about you, as described in “Personal Data We Collect” above.
(3) Business or Commercial Purpose for Collecting, Using, and Selling Personal Data: We collect, use, and sell personal data for the business and commercial purposes described in “Use of Your Data” above.
(4) Categories of Third Parties with Whom We Share Personal Data: We may share your personal data with third parties as described in the “Third Party Access to Your Data” section above.
(5) Categories of Personal Data Disclosed: In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the categories of personal data described in the “Personal Data We Collect” section above for business or commercial purposes:
(6) Categories of Personal Data Sold: We are also required to disclose that in the preceding 12 months, to facilitate certain advertising activities commonly deployed by online and technology companies, we sold the following categories of personal data to customers and business partners: device identifiers, Internet and electronic network activity, geolocation data, and inferences. We do not knowingly collect and therefore do not sell, the personal data of minors.
The Platform identifies users by their mobile Ad ID. You may submit a “request to know” by downloading our app or calling 1-844-905-1877. Please see Your CCPA Rights page for details. Note that we have provided much of this information in this privacy statement.
Right to Request Deletion: You also have a right to request that we delete personal data under certain circumstances, subject to a number of exceptions. The Magenta Marketing Platform identifies users by their mobile Ad ID. You may submit a “request to delete” by downloading our app or calling 1-844-905-1877. Please see Your CCPA Rights page for details.
Right to Opt-Out: You have a right to opt-out from future sales of personal data. Please review the “Categories of Personal Data Sold” section for more information about our sale of personal data under CCPA. If you wish to opt-out (or permit an authorized agent to exercise the opt out on your behalf), visit our “California Do Not Sell My Info” section above. The Platform identifies users by their mobile Ad ID. You may submit a “request to know” by downloading our app or calling 1-844-905-1877. Please see Your CCPA Rights page for details.
California consumers may designate an authorized agent to exercise these options on their behalf by contacting us mmp-privacy@T‑Mobile.com to learn how users can designate an authorized agent and the proof required for a consumer using an agent to submit requests. We will not discriminate against you if you choose to exercise your rights related to your personal data.
||Request to opt out
||Request to know
||Request to delete
|Median Time to Respond
||Less than 1 minute
||Less than 1 minute
||Less than 1 minute
|Median Time to Complete
||Less than 1 minute
If you reside outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to - and maintained on - computers or servers located out of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. If you choose to provide information to us, you express your consent to the processing of your personal information outside your country of residence.
How We Communicate Changes to This Policy
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the “last updated” date at the top of the policy and in some cases, we may provide you with additional notice (such as adding a statement to our homepage or sending you a notification).
How to Contact Us
If you have questions, complaints, or would like to report a potential privacy violation in relation to Marketing Solutions Services, please contact us: mmp-privacy@T‑Mobile.com.
Our corporate headquarters are located at:
837 N 34th St Suite 350 Seattle, WA 98103