Bellevue, Wash. — Jul. 26, 2006
T-Mobile USA, Inc. today announces it has achieved, in a tie, the highest ranking from the J.D. Power and Associates’ Wireless Customer Care Performance Study – Volume 2. This is the fourth straight reporting period for which T-Mobile has been recognized as a leader in wireless customer care.
“Our employees dedicate themselves to providing the very best service every single day,” said Sue Nokes, senior vice president of Sales and Customer Service, T-Mobile USA. “While T-Mobile continues to be recognized as a leader in wireless customer care, it’s our hope that our customers are the real winners.”
The study provides a detailed report card based on consumer experiences on the phone with T-Mobile customer service professionals; in-person at T-Mobile retail stores; and online at www.t-mobile.com. The study notes:
- T-Mobile ranked highest, in a tie, in overall customer care performance, which was conducted during two separate periods earlier this year. T-Mobile also rated above the industry average in all phases of customer care.
- In direct dealings with Customer Service Representatives, T-Mobile scored at, or above, the industry average in all nine variables. When judging Automated Response Systems, T-Mobile was rated higher than the industry average in all seven attributes surveyed.
- T-Mobile was the highest-rated company in the Walk-In segment of the study, with a substantial advantage over all other carriers in the lesser amount of time consumers said they were required to wait before receiving service.
The 2006 Wireless Customer Care Performance Study – Volume 2, is based on responses from more than 11,400 wireless customers. Interviews were conducted during February and April 2006.
Within the past year, T-Mobile has received the highest honors in J.D. Power and Associates studies measuring:
- Overall Customer Satisfaction; the 3rd consecutive top ranking in this category
- Call Quality; West and Southwest outright and Northeast in a tie
- Wireless Retail Satisfaction for the 3rd consecutive reporting period
More information about the J.D. Power and Associates study can be found at www.jdpower.com.
T-Mobile USA Media Relations
About T-Mobile USA, Inc.
Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile USA, Inc. is the U.S. wireless operation of Deutsche Telekom AG. By the end of the first quarter of 2010, approximately 150 million mobile customers were served by the mobile communication segments of the Deutsche Telekom group – 33.7 million by T-Mobile USA – all via a common technology platform based on GSM and UMTS, the world’s most widely used digital wireless standards. T-Mobile USA’s innovative wireless products and services help empower people to connect to those who matter most. Multiple independent research studies continue to rank T-Mobile among the highest in numerous regions throughout the U.S. in wireless customer care and call quality. For more information, please visit http://www.T-Mobile.com. T-Mobile is a federally registered trademark of Deutsche Telekom AG.