OVERLAND PARK, Kan. (BUSINESS WIRE), March 26, 2015 – The new HTC One® M9 will be available for shipment from all Sprint (NYSE: S) sales channels, including Sprint Stores, Telesales at 1-800-SPRINT1 and www.sprint.com, beginning Friday, March 27.
HTC One M9 is available through Sprint Lease for $0 down and $20 per month. For only $10 more, customers can upgrade to a 12-month lease with $0 down and the opportunity to upgrade to a new phone annually.
With Sprint Lease, qualified customers pay zero out of pocket at lease signing for their smartphone. At the end of 24 months, customers in good standing currently have the following options1:
- Turn in the currently leased smartphone and lease another phone with zero down at signing
- Purchase the leased device
- Continue leasing on a month-to-month basis
- Return the device in good working condition and terminate service when the lease ends
Switch and Save
Sprint will pay whatever it costs to switch, including early termination fees and remaining payments on the phone installment plans – no matter what is owed. Customers simply need to switch to Sprint and turn in their current phone. Sprint will refund the switching costs within approximately 15 days of successfully completing the online registration and providing a bill that shows the early termination charge or device balance due.
“If you’re considering the beautiful new HTC One M9, now is the time to rediscover Sprint,” said Doug Kaufman, director-Device Strategy, Sprint. “The Sprint network provides significantly better call quality and faster data speeds in more places than before. With our great rate plans, including the Cut Your Bill in Half Event, and our offer to pay your costs to switch, including early termination fees, you have a wonderful opportunity to save money every month on one of the hottest smartphones of 2015.”
Easily Add Harman Kardon One
For a limited time only, Sprint is also offering the new Harman Kardon One wireless Bluetooth® speaker for $99.99 (plus tax) when purchased with HTC One M9 – a $50 savings.
Harman Kardon One is an HTC Connect certified device that easily connects to HTC smartphones with a simple three finger swipe. It also features:
- Speakerphone capability with noise and echo cancelling software
- Outstanding 2x6W stereo Bluetooth streaming
- Elegant design, including lightweight unibody aluminum housing with anodized coating
- Up to five hours of battery life
Luxurious Inside and Out
Announced at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, the new HTC One M9 is luxuriously designed with a dual tone metal unibody, jewelry-grade finish and comes in Gunmetal Gray and Gold on Silver.
HTC One M9 includes:
- Android™ 5.0, Lollipop
- 5-inch (1920×1080) Full HD display
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 810 (QCT MSM 8994), octa-core 64-bit, four-2GHz and four-1.5GHz processors
- 32GB memory, expandable to 128GB with microSD™ memory card (sold separately)
- 2840mAh battery
- Dimensions: 5.69 x 2.74 x 0.38 inches (144.6mm x 69.65mm x 9.61mm)
- Weight: 5.36 ounces (157g)
Additional key device features include:
- UH OH Protection from HTC, which provides a one-time free replacement within the first 12 months of purchase for cracked screens and water damage.
- Rear-facing 20-megapixel camera with a scratch-resistant sapphire glass lens and a front-facing UltraPixel camera. The device includes a new suite of editing tools to make it easy to creating unique customized photos.
- HTC BoomSound™, the iconic dual front-facing speakers, and now combines 5.1 channel Dolby® Audio Surround. HTC BoomSound with Dolby Audio has two modes, theatre mode and music mode.
- Sense Home is a new, intelligent widget that automatically curates apps based on your usage and location – including work, home or out. It is contextually aware of location, time of day and what apps are preferred at home, work or on the go and will intelligently recommend apps and nearby restaurants with ratings from friends and followers.
Following a multiyear overhaul, the Sprint network now provides significantly better call quality and faster data speeds in more places than before. Additionally, according to RootMetrics, metro results for second half 2014 show Sprint with the highest net gain in first-place or shared first-place RootScore and network award wins in Overall Performance, Reliability, Call and Text.2
Sprint (NYSE: S) is a communications services company that creates more and better ways to connect its customers to the things they care about most. Sprint served nearly 56 million connections as of Dec. 31, 2014, and is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including the first wireless 4G service from a national carrier in the United States; leading no-contract brands including Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, and Assurance Wireless; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. Sprint has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) North America for the past four years. You can learn more and visit Sprint at www.sprint.com or www.facebook.com/sprint and www.twitter.com/sprint.
1No equipment security deposit required. Req. service plan. Customer is responsible for insurance and any repairs. If service or lease is cancelled early, the remaining lease payments become due immediately and customer must return the device or pay the purchase option.
2Most improved network claim based upon Sprint’s relative increase in first-place or tied for first place awards across all award categories combined as noted in the RootMetrics 2nd Half 2014 Mobile Network Performance Review Report, published Feb. 10, 2015, of four mobile networks across all available network types comparing the second half of 2014 to the first half of 2014. Your experiences may vary. The RootMetrics award is not an endorsement of Sprint. Visit www.rootmetrics.com for more details.