As the Primary Account Holder, you can suspend a line on My T-Mobile.
On this page:
- When you suspend a line, all calls, text messages, voicemail, and data services are suspended. You’ll keep your number and monthly plan, but monthly fees are prorated depending on the type of suspension.
- If you previously suspended your line within the last 12 months as a Seasonal Suspend the option/button to suspend the line on My T-Mobile will not be displayed until the end of the 12-month period.
- You can suspend your monthly T-Mobile service for one of the following reasons:
For more details on suspensions, see Account suspensions. When you suspend your line, your account might require a minimum monthly fee, payments for your plan, and payments for any equipment on a payment plan for the remaining term of your agreement. Also, if you have an account with several lines, you can only suspend one line at a time.
Business accounts with 20 lines or fewer use these steps as well.
- Go to My T-Mobile and log in to your account.
- Click PHONE.
- Click either Report lost or stolen or Temporary suspension, depending on the type of suspension you need.
- Follow the on-screen steps to suspend or restore your line.
- Log in to My T-Mobile.
- Click Manage > Phones & Devices > Lost or Stolen Device.
- Click Continue and follow the on-screen steps.
While a line is suspended, you're still responsible for paying your bill and if applicable, your monthly device payment and device protection charges. Suspending a line may change your monthly plan cost--see information for your specific account type below.
Accounts with individual lines
- For accounts with one line on an individual rate plan, a suspended line will be billed $10 per bill cycl instead of the line's monthly plan cost.
- If an account has multiple individual-line rate plans, the account will be billed $10 per bill cycle for each suspended line, instead of the line's monthly plan cost. Active individual lines will be billed their regular monthly charge. (For example, if you have an account with three lines on individual T-Mobile Magenta® rate plans and you suspend two of the lines, the two suspended lines will each be billed $10 per month. The third, non-suspended line will be billed its regular monthly charge, including any data add-ons and other features.)
Accounts with multiple lines
- If all lines on a multi-line rate plan are suspended, the account will be billed $10 per bill cycle for each suspended line. (For example, if you suspend all lines on a four-line account, you'll be charged $40
- per bill cycle.)
- When one or more lines on a multi-line plan remain active, the account will be billed the plan's regular monthly charge, including any data add-ons or additional features.
- If an added line that's not included in the multi-line rate plan is suspended, the account will be billed the multi-line plan's regular monthly charge, plus $10 for the suspended added line, instead of that line's normal monthly charge.