We serve those who serve us by providing a discount on our signature Magenta plans. If you’re interested in switching to or signing up for a First Responder plan at T-Mobile, check eligibility and learn how to verify your status. To add a plan and check current pricing, check out Cell Phone Plans | Family Plans | Compare Cell Phone Plans | T-Mobile
On this page:
We'll need to verify your First Responder status using the steps in the next section to get a First Responder plan.
- If you are new to T-Mobile, you can call 1-800-TMOBILE or go to your nearest T-Mobile store to activate on Magenta First Responder.
- If you already have a T-Mobile account, you can dial 611 to contact Customer Service to change your plan to Magenta First Responder
- If the First Responder member is not currently the primary account holder, you may need to complete a Change of Responsibility. See Transfer account or line ownership for more information.
- You're a present member, volunteer, or pensioned retiree of an eligible first responder organization.
- You're the immediate family member (spouse, child, or parent) of a first responder who's been killed in the line of duty.
- You have an active T-Mobile account with your name as the Billing Responsible Party (BRP) or Personal Guarantor (PG).
- First responder credentials may only be associated to one T-Mobile account. If you have multiple accounts, you'll need to choose which account you would like to qualify.
- The first responder must be the Primary Account Holder on My T-Mobile in order to verify.
- Complete online verification within 45 days of activation by submitting acceptable documentation matching your first responder organization and status to help us verify your affiliation
If you can answer yes to any of these questions, you may qualify for a Magenta First Responder plan
- Are you a state or local firefighter or volunteer firefighter?
- Are you a state or local law enforcement professional?
- Do you have an active EMT certification?
- Are you a paid or volunteer ambulance driver, paramedic, or other emergency medical personnel first on the scene of an accident or natural disaster?
- Are you a member of a Search and Rescue organization?
- Do you work for a 911 operations center?
- Are you employed by a state or local first responder agency in a role that supports first responders?
Who's not eligible?
- Federal first responder organizations.
- Hospital personnel.
- Former first responders who are not a pensioned retiree.
- Cadets or Recruits who do not yet have documentation showing their military affiliation.
If you've already signed up for a first responder plan or are interested in adding it, you'll need to verify your status. You will have 45 days from activation to verify your status or your plan will become Magenta or Magenta Plus with no first responder discount which will result in a price increase of up to $20 per line. You will be asked to complete verification yearly.
To verify your first responder status, either visit a T-Mobile retail store and one of our retail experts will walk you through the process, or follow the steps below.*
- Go to https://promotions.t-mobile.com/FirstResponder
- Log in by entering your T-Mobile ID and password.
- Enter details into the required fields for the first responder. If the name field does not show the first responder’s name and you cannot change it, you'll need to contact us to update the billing-responsible party's name on your account to get this offer.
- Select your first responder status: Law Enforcement, Firefighter, Emergency Medical Response personnel
- Verify and Continue.
* If you are the child, parent, or spouse, of a first responder killed in the line of duty, please dial 611 to speak directly with a TEX expert, who will be able to assist with the verification process.
In some cases (including most Business customers), you may be asked to provide additional details to verify your eligibility. If further information is required, we will notify you, and you may need to upload documents confirming your first responder status to complete your verification.
T-Mobile will accept numerous forms of verification based on organization and status.
- Only one form of ID is required for submission, unless you have a special situation (such as if your name has recently changed).
- Other documents that clearly show your first & last name, valid dates, organization and/or status are also accepted.
- If the name on your document(s) does not match your current legal name (such as Marriage or Name Change) you must submit additional documentation (Change of Name, Marriage Certificate, etc.) with your form, or acquire a new copy of the document with your current name for us to verify your affiliation.
- Any sensitive information such as Social Security Number, should be omitted, covered up, or blacked out when submitting.
- The information provided is used solely for verifying first responder status and is destroyed after verification.
- Acceptable file formats include .bmp, .gif, .jpg, .png, or .pdf.
- Volunteer or employee ID card
- Paystub less than 60 days old
- Signed affidavit issued from first responder agency
- Pension certificate
- EMS/EMT Certification
Why does the first responder need to be the primary account holder? What if they were killed in the line of duty?
To verify that the First Responder member is on the account, they must be the primary account holder. This also protects them from fraudulent use of their name for the purpose of gaining benefits (a name can only be used once for validation and we wouldn’t want you to miss out on this amazing deal!). In the case of first responders who lost their life in the line of duty, the first responders spouse or family member may verify eligibility, but additional documentation will be necessary to verify status.
What does T-Mobile do with the information I submit to validate my status/validation?
The information provided is used solely for validation of status and is destroyed after validation.
What if I need extra lines for my Tablets or Wearable devices?
If you need data-only lines for other connected devices, standard Magenta for Tablets & Wearables and other Mobile Internet plans are available to add alongside your First Responder voice lines.