Learn more about data options for your T-Mobile Prepaid account..
- Data varies by plan, to find out how much data you have used or have available, check your line usage.
- Understand and test T-Mobile Data Speeds.
- To help running out of data during the month, learn to manage data
- Select Prepaid plans can use their devices and service as a Smartphone Mobile Hotspot
- On-Demand data passes let you temporarily add high-speed data to your account and can be added to extend your monthly available high-speed data.
- Once the high-speed data bucket is reached, unlimited data continues at reduced speeds. To continue service with high-speed data, another pass must be purchased.
- On-Demand passes can be purchased with refill cards or prepaid service account balances.
- One-Day HD Video Streaming passes may be available in the US on the T-Mobile network only.
- Prepaid HD Streaming passes do not have a resolution cap.
- HD streaming is not available when roaming in Canada, Mexico, or while roaming.
Add data or HD streaming pass
- Log in to My T-Mobile at www.t-mobile.com/prepaid or sign up with T-Mobile ID
- Go to Line Details from the homepage or main .
- Select Add on-Demand passes.
- Select from available services.
- Select to Set order date and time.
- Add to cart and complete the purchase
- Network enhancement that optimizes all detectable video streaming to SD quality.
- Automatically enabled, this allows your high-speed data to last up to 3 times longerl onger while streaming.
- Data still debits from the available data bucket, but at a much lesser rate than when streaming video at a higher resoltuion.
- Data Maximizer is available on select plans.
- When Data Maximizer is off, video streaming is no longer optimized and your high-speed data will not last as long.
Turn on or off
If you can't find Data Maximizer through T-Mobile.com, verify you have a limited data bucket plan or call T-Mobile customer service.
- Log into T-Mobile.com.
- Click My Profile.
- Click on your plan name.
- Select Blocking Controls
- Select data controls.
- Toggle off Data Maximizer (Binge on)
- Click Save.
Was this helpful?