Data usage varies from person to person. It depends on your device, the apps you use, network speeds, and what you’re using the data for.
Tips for managing data
- Connect to Wi-Fi when you can. Data used over Wi-Fi doesn't count against your high-speed data plan.
- Turn off data for apps that you only want to use over Wi-Fi. Most devices have a setting to turn off cellular usage for specific apps.
- Uninstall any apps or widgets you don't need. Some apps access data even while the screen isn't on.
- Edit your Facebook settings to turn off automatic video play while connected to cellular data.
- Monitor your usage. Sending or receiving emails uses very little data, while online gaming or streaming videos, TV, and movies uses much more.
Change data amount
Was this helpful?