Learn more about calling services included in your T-Mobile calling plan.
On this page:
- Caller ID is a free service at T-Mobile that displays a caller’s contact information, even if they are not in your contact list.
- All T-Mobile customers are eligible for free Caller ID.
- Caller ID Name displays the name, city, and state of incoming calls if they are not already stored in your phone.
- Because of landline limitations, some numbers may not display on Caller ID.
- To activate, you can use the Scam Shield app, use short codes, or change services in your T-Mobile.com account.
- The free Scam Shield™ app is your ultimate call control center to activate and access scam protections.
- You can activate Scam Block and Caller ID, see the calls T-Mobile has blocked on your behalf, add numbers to your Allow list, and report likely scam calls.
- Learn more about T-Mobile's Scam Shield app.
411 directory assistance
411 directory assistance allows you to reach a live operator for directory assistance from your T-Mobile phone. To connect, dial 411, and send the call. Each 411 call costs up to $2.99, plus talk time for prepaid plans. Things to keep in mind when using 411 directory assistance:
- Three directory listings are included per call.
- Using toll-free area codes to call 411 won't avoid the directory assistance charge.
- International directory assistance isn't available.
Call forwarding allows you to forward your incoming calls to another number. You can set it up to forward all your calls immediately. Or, you can set it up to forward if you don't answer the call, if your phone is turned off, or if you're out of signal range.
Be aware of the following when using call forwarding:
- You can't forward calls to international numbers.
- You can only forward calls to 10- or 11-digit numbers.
- Forwarding while roaming depends on the host country's network capabilities.
For steps on call forwarding:
- Go to the Devices page.
- Search, filter, or select your device.
- Select Calling & Contacts in the How Tos section.
- Select Block and/or manage calls.
- Follow the instructions for setting up call forwarding for your device.
Have more questions about call forwarding when you don't have your phone with you? Check out Get started with DIGITS.
- Call waiting and call hold are used together.
- If you receive an incoming call while you're on the phone, you hear a tone letting you know another call is coming in.
- If you answer the incoming call, the first call is automatically placed on hold. You can then switch between the calls or join the calls using conference calling.
- For prepaid plans, minutes are deducted for each incoming call when using call waiting.
Was this helpful?