Sometimes you need to receive a collect call or use a calling card with your T-Mobile service. Read on to learn more about collect calls and calling cards.
- You can get calling cards from third-party sellers, but not from T-Mobile.
- Contact the card provider for all questions and support. T-Mobile cannot guarantee how calling cards function or are charged.
- You can use calling cards when making domestic and international calls. and when roaming, but you are also charged the roaming rate from T-Mobile.
- To make calls on a T-Mobile phone using a calling card:
- Call the access number printed on the calling card.
- When prompted, enter the number you want to call.
- Wait for the call to complete.
Do not press the Send key. Pressing the Send key starts a new call, which bypasses the calling card and results in charges from T-Mobile.
Collect call charges are the responsibility of the party receiving the call. The person calling is not charged.
- Most T-Mobile customers can place collect calls but cannot receive collect calls (such as from 1-800-COLLECT).
- Customers cannot receive Text Collect calls as the company that manages Text Collect services doesn't offer T-Mobile billing as a payment option. Callers will need to use alternative services offered by their correctional institution or facility.
- For all charge disputes, contact 1-800-COLLECT customer service at 1-800-352-7202.
Was this helpful?