Learn how to unlock Apple iOS 11 devices for use with other carriers' SIM cards. Check the software version using Software versions & updates: Apple iPhone & iPad on iOS 11.
- Check if your device is eligible and contact us to request the unlock.
- Choose how you want to unlock your device:
Use a non-T-Mobile SIM card
- Insert the SIM into the iPhone.
- Complete the first-time use process.
- If the device has already been set up, follow the on-screen instructions to sign into your Apple ID.
- If you don't get the setup prompt, follow the iTunes steps below.
- Back up your iPhone using iTunes.
- When you have a backup, erase all content and settings on your iPhone.
- When you see the Welcome screen, connect your device to iTunes.
If successfully unlocked, the message Congratulations, your iPhone has been unlocked will display.
- Use iTunes to restore your iPhone from the backup you just made.