With Easy Switch, it’s never been easier to get started with T-Mobile!
On this page:
Switching to T-Mobile has never been easier! Just download the T-Mobile app to get started. Find out how to get our best deals when you switch, and more!
- Current T-Mobile, Sprint, and Metro by T-Mobile customers or customers of T-Mobile partners using the T-Mobile network are not eligible
- If bringing your own device, must be unlocked by your existing carrier
- You can only switch up to 5 lines. Need more? Visit a store!
- Not available for Business or Government accounts
- Download the T-Mobile app from the Apple App Store or Google Play store.
- Choose Start Switching.
- Follow the on-screen steps to finish setup, including:
- Buying a new device
- Checking compatibility to bring your own device
- Choosing your plan
- Adding additional lines
- Confirming your personal details
- Setting up your account PIN
If you bring your own device that uses a physical SIM, we’ll send the SIM to the address you provided during sign up for free! Just follow the included steps to finish getting started, including transferring your number.
If you bring your own device with an eSIM, you’ll need to activate it once you switch. After you’re done, you should remove your previous carrier’s SIM card from the device. Once you’ve selected to download your eSIM in the app, follow the steps for your device:
- On your iPhone, choose the Add Cellular Plan pop-up, then select Continue.
- Choose to add the T-Mobile plan as Secondary, then select Continue.
- Choose Secondary to make T-Mobile the default line, then select Continue.
- Select Secondary to make T-Mobile the default for FaceTime and iMessage. Choose Continue.
- Choose Secondary to make T-Mobile the default data carrier, then select Done.
- When you get the pop-up, choose to Allow access to your eUICC profile.
- Open the Settings app and choose Connections > SIM card manager.
- Select Primary SIM and set it to eSIM 1, then choose Change.
- Choose Restart and switch to reboot your device and start using T-Mobile.
- Choose OK for any of the following prompts you may get:
- Your SIM will be downloaded soon
- Disconnect from current carrier
- Use Wi-Fi to download your SIM
- When prompted, choose T-Mobile as the SIM for data.
- Open the Settings app, choose Network & Internet > SIMs.
- Select the downloaded T-Mobile eSIM.
- Choose Calls preferences and set it to T-Mobile.
- Select SMS preferences and set it to T-Mobile.
If your device only supports a physical SIM card, we’ll send it to the address you provided during sign up for free! Just follow the included steps to finish getting started. Once you’re all set up, you can have the account holder transfer your number.
If your device supports eSIM, we’ll email the next steps to you; just open the link in the email. You’ll need to enter the account holder’s information and confirm your device is compatible before activating your eSIM.
Run into a snag when switching? We can help!
Something went wrong
Your eSIM install failed
Qualifying device, credit, and service req'd.
Was this helpful?