T-Mobile Video Calling is the next best thing to being there in person. Learn how to fix problems with it not working. T-Mobile only supports T-Mobile Video Calling service, available on select phones sold by T-Mobile. Other popular video calling services are supported by their developer.
On this page:
Your phone shows at least two signal bars. If you have fewer, your signal is too low for reliable service. Check out Signal issues / no service troubleshooting.
Your phone can connect to the internet. If you can't connect to the internet, you won't be able to use T-Mobile Video Calling. Check out Internet and data issues.
T-Mobile Video Calling only works with T-Mobile U.S. customers using supported phone models. If the contact is compatible, a green camera icon shows up in your phonebook, confirming both of you are compatible.
If you need help with these steps on your device, visit our Device tutorials select your device, or use the search bar and enter your device name.
If your phone meets the criteria above and you still can't video call, proceed with the troubleshooting steps below.
For problems with the T-Mobile Video Calling service, try the following:
- Check that the other person you're trying to call is a T-Mobile customer, in the U.S., using a compatible T-Mobile Video Calling phone. The service doesn't work with other carriers or numbers and will only work on Wi-Fi for T-Mobile customers in another country.
- Turn on VoLTE in the phone. This improves call quality and allows you to stay connected to LTE data while on a call.
- Check the phone shows an LTE or a Wi-Fi network connection. 4G and lower is not capable.
- Turn on Wi-Fi Calling. It must be enabled if on Wi-Fi.
- Uninstall all third-party calling apps.
- Update the device software to the latest version. Visit the Devices page for current versions and steps.
- Record a short video, to verify the camera is working.
- Have the other person follow the steps above too. They need to check their settings and network connection.
- If T-Mobile Video Calling is still not working, please contact us for additional help. We may need to check a few account settings and look at the local network in more detail for you.
T-Mobile provides your Internet connect, but can't help with non-T-Mobile services you use on it. Here's where to find help for common video calling services:
- Apple FaceTime: Check out If you can't make a FaceTime call on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Facebook Messenger: Try How do I voice call someone or a group in Messenger? | Facebook Help Center | Facebook.
- Google Duo: Use Make video calls with your Android Phone, Contacts, or Messages app - Google Duo Help.
- Google Hangouts: See Hangouts Help.
- Skype: Visit Skype Support for Skype for Android | Skype Support.
- Others: Contact the developer for help.
Got more questions about T-Mobile Video Calling? Check out T-Mobile Video Calling
Was this helpful?