At T-Mobile, we are always looking for ways to do more for our customers. T-Mobile MONEY offers customers a high interest, mobile-first checking account with no account fees. T-Mobile MONEY (accounts held at BankMobile, a division of Customers Bank) is FDIC insured and has no monthly fees, no minimum balance fees, no overdraft fees, no transfer fees, and no late payment fees.
T-Mobile MONEY is a checking account that pays everyone 1.00% Annual Percentage Yield (APY)* on all balances. Benefits for everyone include:
- 1.00% APY.*
- No minimums.
- No monthly account fees.
- No overdraft fees.
- Get paid up to 2 days early+ with payroll direct deposit.
- Access to 55,000 no-fee ATMs (more no-fee ATMs than Bank of America, Chase, or Wells Fargo).
- FDIC-insured, secure banking, with 24/7 support, all from the convenience of your phone.
T-Mobile customer perks
While anyone can use T-Mobile MONEY, T-Mobile and legacy Sprint customers with qualifying wireless plans in the U.S. and Puerto Rico, excluding other U.S. territories, who register for perks and make 10 qualifying purchases per month using their T-Mobile MONEY card, get the following extra benefits:
- 4.00% APY* on balances up to $3000 when you make 10 qualifying purchases each month, with 1.00% APY for anything over that balance.
- Got Your Back^ overdraft protection: Once you've made your first 10 qualifying purchases in a single calendar month. We'll provide payment of up to $50 in overdrafts - as long as you bring your checking account to a positive balance within 30 calendar days.
- On every wireless line: Every line on your wireless account can potentially sign up for a T-Mobile MONEY account and be eligible for perks. (The line holder must be an individual; perks are not available for business or government entities.)
For more information, visit www.T-MobileMONEY.com.
Anyone - new customers, existing customers, and even non-T-Mobile wireless customers are all welcome to sign up for a T-Mobile MONEY account! Requirements:
- Be of legal age where you live.
- Have a U.S. government-issued ID or state-issued driver's license/ID (military ID not accepted).
- Have a Social Security number.
- Have a street address within the U.S. and Puerto Rico, excluding other U.S. territories.
- Must have, or set up, a T-Mobile ID.
Not everyone who signs up will qualify.
Getting started is easy, just pick what works best for you:
- Download and sign up through the T-Mobile MONEY app, available in Google Play or the Apple App Store.
- Sign up online at the T-Mobile MONEY website: www.T-MobileMONEY.com.
If you have questions or need additional assistance with your T-Mobile MONEY account, simply call **MONEY from your T-Mobile phone or dial 1-866-686-9358. If you're calling from outside of the U.S., dial +1-414-751-6700.
*How APY works: As a T-Mobile MONEY customer you earn 4.00% annual percentage yield (APY) on balances up to and including $3,000 in your Checking Account per month when: 1) you are enrolled in a qualifying T-Mobile postpaid wireless plan; 2) you have registered for perks with your T-Mobile ID; and 3) at least 10 qualifying purchases using your T-Mobile MONEY card have posted to your Checking Account before the last business day of the month. Qualifying purchases posting on or after the last business day of the month count toward the next month’s qualifying purchases. If you meet this purchase requirement in a given month, we will pay you this benefit in the subsequent month as an added value provided all other requirements are met. As an additional added value for customers that haven’t yet deposited money into their T-Mobile MONEY account, you will receive 4.00% APY in the cycle in which you make your first deposit of greater than $1, as well as in the cycle that follows that deposit provided all other requirements are met. These added value benefits are subject to change. Balances above $3,000 in the Checking Account earn 1.00% APY. The APY for this tier will range from 4.00% to 2.79% depending on the balance in the account (calculation based on a $5,000 average daily balance). Customers who do not qualify for the 4.00% APY will earn 1.00% APY on all Checking Account balances for any month(s) in which they do not meet the requirements listed above. APYs are accurate as of 3/31/2021 but may change at any time at our discretion. Fees may reduce earnings. Additional restrictions apply. For more information and qualifying purchase details, see Account Disclosures / Terms and Conditions or go to our FAQs.
+Get paid up to 2 days early with direct deposit: Subject to description and timing of the employer payroll-based direct deposit, we typically make funds available the business day received, which may be up to 2 days earlier than scheduled.
^How Got Your Back works: Available only to T-Mobile wireless customers with a line on a qualifying postpaid plan who have registered for perks. Got Your Back overdraft protection will begin once at least 10 qualifying purchases using your T-Mobile MONEY card have posted to your Checking Account before the last business day of the month. You are only required to meet this purchase requirement once to receive Got Your Back benefits. See "Got Your Back" Terms and Conditions for more details.
Was this helpful?