At T-Mobile, we are always finding ways to do more for our customers. T-Mobile MONEY offers customers a high-interest, mobile-first checking account with no account fees. T-Mobile MONEY (accounts provided by Customers Bank, Member FDIC) has no monthly fees, no minimum balance fees, no overdraft fees, no transfer fees, and no late payment fees.
On this page:
T-Mobile MONEY is a checking account that pays everyone 2.50% Annual Percentage Yield (APY)* on all Checking and Savings account balances. Benefits for everyone include:
- 2.50% APY.*
- No minimums.
- No monthly account fees.
- No overdraft fees.
- Get paid up to 2 days early+ with payroll direct deposit.
- Access to 55,000 no-fee ATMs (more no-fee ATMs than Bank of America, Chase, or Wells Fargo).
- FDIC-insured, secure banking, with 24/7 support, all from the convenience of your phone.
- Use your T-Mobile MONEY debit card to set up AutoPay for your T-Mobile postpaid wireless discount ($5 per eligible line). Plus, if you qualify for perks this debit card transaction counts toward your 10 qualifying purchases! Learn how to set up AutoPay by signing in to the T-Mobile app or T-Mobile.com.
T-Mobile customer perks (Checking only)
While anyone can use T-Mobile MONEY, T-Mobile and legacy Sprint customers with qualifying wireless plans in the U.S. and Puerto Rico, excluding other U.S. territories, who register for perks and make 10 qualifying purchases per month using their T-Mobile MONEY card, get the following extra benefits:
- 4.00% APY* on balances up to $3000 when you make 10 qualifying purchases each month, with 2.50% APY for anything over that balance.
- Got Your Back^ overdraft protection: Once you've made your first 10 qualifying purchases in a single calendar month. We'll provide payment of up to $50 in overdrafts - as long as you bring your checking account to a positive balance within 30 calendar days.
- On every wireless line: Every line on your wireless account can potentially sign up for a T-Mobile MONEY account and be eligible for perks. (The line holder must be an individual; perks are not available for business or government entities.)
- Instant payments to friends from your checking account will count towards your 10 qualifying transactions.
For more information, visit www.T-MobileMONEY.com.
Anyone - new customers, existing customers, and even non-T-Mobile wireless customers are all welcome to sign up for a T-Mobile MONEY account! Requirements:
- Be of legal age where you live.
- Have a U.S. government-issued ID or state-issued driver's license/ID (military ID not accepted).
- Have a Social Security number.
- Have a street address within the U.S. and Puerto Rico, excluding other U.S. territories.
- Must have, or set up, a T-Mobile ID.
Not everyone who signs up will qualify.
Getting started is easy, just pick what works best for you:
- Download and sign up through the T-Mobile MONEY app. Download from Google Play or download from the Apple App Store.
- Sign up online at the T-Mobile MONEY website: www.T-MobileMONEY.com.
You can send an instant payments to another T-Mobile MONEY user in the T-Mobile MONEY app.
- There are no payment fees when you use this feature.
- You can send up to $500 a day (24-hour period) and up to $5000 in a month (rolling 30-day period).
- Payments expire 30 days after the creation of the transfer if the recipient has not accepted the transfer.
To send a payment to a friend...
- Go to Move money.
- Select Pay friends > Send money.
- Select a friend to receive the payment (the recipient must accept your friend request to appear on this list).
- Review and confirm the recipient and payment amount before completing the transfer. Once payment has been sent, it cannot be canceled or reversed.
To send a friend request...
There is no limit to the number of friend requests you can receive, but you can only have 15 friend requests pending at one time.
- Go to Move money.
- Select Pay friends > Invite friends.
- Enter the friend's name and mobile number, then select Looks good, create friend request.
- Once your friend accepts the request, you'll receive a notification and they will be available for you to send money to (T-Mobile MONEY does not support requesting transfers from friends at this time).
Introducing a new savings benefit for existing customers - you must have a T-Mobile MONEY Checking account to apply for a Savings account.
- All qualified customers will earn 2.50% Annual Percentage Yield (APY) on all savings account balances.
- Paycheck direct deposits can be split it between checking and savings accounts and still get paid up to 2-days early.
- No account fees or minimum amount is required to open a savings account.
- Must have a checking account that has been funded.
- With T-Mobile MONEY, you’re supported in your identity and empowered with a debit card that reflects who you truly are.
- True Name allows you to display your preferred name on a debit card you can trust.
- As a new customer, you have the option to provide your True Name during the T-Mobile MONEY account sign-up process.
- Existing customers are provided the option to provide your True Name on the ‘My card’ screen in the T-Mobile MONEY app.
- New and updated cards with True Name can be expected in 5-7 business days.
- Use your T-Mobile MONEY debit card to set up AutoPay for your T-Mobile postpaid wireless discount ($5 per eligible line).
- Plus, if you qualify for perks this transaction counts towards your 10 qualifying purchases!
- Set up AutoPay via the T-Mobile MONEY app today!
- Go to My card
- Select Use for payments at T-Mobile
- Choose your preferred payment method .
If you have questions or need additional assistance with your T-Mobile MONEY account, simply call **MONEY from your T-Mobile phone or dial 1-866-686-9358. If you're calling from outside of the U.S., dial +1-414-751-6700.
*How APY works: Checking account customers earn 4.00% annual percentage yield (APY) on balances up to and including $3,000 in your Checking account per month when: 1) you are enrolled in a qualifying T-Mobile postpaid wireless plan; 2) you have registered for perks with your T-Mobile ID; and 3) at least 10 qualifying purchases using your T-Mobile MONEY card have posted to your Checking account before the last business day of the month. Qualifying purchases posting on or after the last business day of the month count toward the next month’s qualifying purchases. The first time you fund your account, as an additional added value, you will receive 4.00% APY on balances up to and including $3,000 in the statement cycle in which you make your first deposit of greater than $1, as well as in the cycle that follows that deposit provided all other requirements are met. These added value benefits are subject to change. Balances above $3,000 in the Checking account earn 2.50% APY. The APY for this tier will range from 4.00% to 3.00% depending on the balance in the account (calculation based on a $5,000 average daily balance). Customers who do not qualify for the 4.00% APY will earn 2.50% APY on all Checking account balances for any month(s) in which they do not meet the requirements. Savings account customers earn 2.50% annual percentage yield (APY) on all Savings account balances per month. You must have a T Mobile MONEY Checking account that is in good standing and has been funded to open a Savings account. APYs are accurate as of 7/15/22 but may change at any time at our discretion. Fees may reduce earnings.
ATMs may be added/removed from the Allpoint network periodically. As a result, we encourage you to check the Allpoint ATM locator frequently and before visiting an ATM to determine the closest-in-network ATM. Allpoint ATMs may not be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The location, availability, and hours of operation of in-network ATMs may vary by merchant and is subject to change.
+Get paid up to 2 days early with direct deposit: Subject to description and timing of the employer payroll-based direct deposit, we typically make funds available the business day received, which may be up to 2 days earlier than scheduled.
^How Got Your Back works: Available only for Checking accounts and T-Mobile wireless customers with a line on a qualifying postpaid plan who have registered for perks. Got Your Back overdraft protection will begin once at least 10 qualifying purchases using your T-Mobile MONEY card have posted to your Checking account before the last business day of the month. You are only required to meet this purchase requirement once to receive Got Your Back benefits. Review "Got Your Back" Terms and Conditions for more details.
Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles design and True Name are trademarks of Mastercard International Incorporated.
Was this helpful?