This page will help you sign up for T-Mobile Connect Prepaid service. See T-Mobile Connect to learn about plan benefits. You can also learn about other current offers and additional Prepaid services, see pricing and compare our current Prepaid plans.
On this page:
If you have an existing T-Mobile Prepaid account, click the button below to change your Prepaid plan to $15 T-Mobile Connect UNL Talk & Text or $25 T-Mobile Connect UNL Talk & Text plan.
If you don't see T-Mobile Connect as an available plan option, or your screen looks different, you have a different account type. You will need to migrate your existing T-Mobile account to our most recent Prepaid system to get T-Mobile Connect for your current number.
If you do not want to migrate your current number, go back to T-Mobile Connect and select Sign Up you can cancel your existing account later if you want.
This process is for existing T-Mobile postpaid customers who want to migrate to a new T-Mobile Connect Prepaid account, or for existing customers who do not have the option to change their plan to T-Mobile Connect when logging in to My T-Mobile.
What you will need to get started
Before you can migrate your account to T-Mobile Connect you will need the items below.
- A new SIM Card ($10), your current T-Mobile SIM card will not work with T-Mobile Connect Prepaid. Don't worry, you can keep your existing mobile number. If you have more than one T-Mobile number you want to migrate to T-Mobile Connect, contact us by dialing 611 from your T-Mobile phone.
- The mobile number from your existing account you want to migrate.
- Existing T-Mobile account number.
- PIN/Passcode from your existing T-Mobile account (different from your My T-Mobile password - it's the one you use when you call us).
- An email address different from the one associated with your existing T-Mobile account.
What you need to know
- Some services and benefits are unavailable for T-Mobile Connect, such as device protection, Netflix On Us, T-Mobile app self-service, and Team of Experts support.
- Any existing service promotions, such as free lines or monthly discounts, will be lost and may not be available if you decide to convert back in the future.
- When you migrate your account any existing outstanding service or device payment balance on your postpaid account will immediately become due.
- Your voicemail account will be reset and you will lose any voicemails not saved to your device.
- Your account tenure will reset, which may affect your ability to qualify for some device pricing programs in the near future.
- You need to keep your account active until you activate your new SIM card.
- Once your new SIM card is activated it will take 2 to 4 hours to transfer your existing mobile number to your new SIM card.
Next, follow these steps
Important: Some of the steps may direct you to say you don't have a T-Mobile account or SIM card already. That is okay! Continue to follow the step-by-step instructions outlined below and your account will migrate successfully.
- Go to https://prepaid.t-mobile.com/home.
- Select Shop, then Bring Your Own Device to use your existing phone. If you want to purchase a new device contact us by dialing 611 from your T-Mobile phone.
- Enter your ZIP code in the pop-up and select Continue.
- Under Check IMEI, you can check if your device will work with T-Mobile service if you are already using your device on our network without issue, you can select Skip.
- Under SIM card activation, choose I need to buy a T-Mobile SIM card and select Continue. Your current SIM card will not work with T-Mobile Connect Prepaid, but if you have a T-Mobile branded SIM card that has never been used before, you can choose I have a T-Mobile SIM card.
- Select New Customer when asked if you Are you an existing customer? We are creating a new Prepaid account your existing mobile number will transfer to it.
- Under Product Selection, select $15 T-Mobile Connect UNL Talk & Text or $25 T-Mobile Connect UNL Talk & Text plan. You can also select See More to learn about what each plan includes. Next, select Go to Cart.
- Verify your SIM card and plan selection, then select Check Out on the Shopping Cart screen. Do not add on additional lines if you intend to migrate more than one mobile number to T-Mobile Connect. Instead, contact us by dialing 611 from your T-Mobile phone.
- You will be asked to Sign Up or Log in. Choose Sign Up and enter your new account information and select Continue:
- Email Address (Must be different from the one associated with your original T-Mobile account.)
- 4-digit PIN
- Address (select Original or Suggested address if a pop-up appears)
- Preferred language
- Enter a Line nickname if you want (For example, “My Line” or “Jennifer’s line”) and select Use your existing number.
- Next, enter details from your existing T-Mobile account:
- Mobile Number
- Account Number
- Mobile Number
- Complete the emergency address (e911) information: Opt out or Opt in (default).
- Add primary place of use address and select Continue.
- Add an email address under Shipping notifications and select Continue.
- Enter your payment method and address, then review and agree to the payment terms and conditions before selecting Continue.
- Review the order, read the Terms & Conditions, and select Accept & Place Order to finish.
- An on-screen message will confirm your order has been placed.
Still have questions?
Was this helpful?