MAXUp provides extra benefits on top of what you're already getting when you have a Magenta® plan. Get 40GB, 50GB or 100GB of high-speed mobile hotspot data and you can activate up to 4k UHD streaming. You’ll also get up to 5GB of high-speed data in 215+ countries and destinations and Scam Shield Premium. You’ll also get 2x data speeds in 215+ countries and destinations and Scam Shield Premium. All these benefits are available to add to any new or existing Magenta® line. To add MAXUp to your account, use the T-Mobile app or log in to T-Mobile.com.
On this page:
You can amp up the standard Magenta experience on your device by adding MAXUp for an additional cost. Here's what you get in addition to everything Magenta offers for your phone:
- Unlimited Premium Data
- Up to 4K UHD streaming in the U.S.
- 40GB, 50GB or 100GB of high-speed mobile hotspot data with unlimited 3G data
- Up to 5GB high-speed data speed abroad in 215+ countries and destinations (then unlimited at approx. 256kbps)
- Unlimited in-flight Wi-Fi with streaming where available and texting on eligible flights to, from, or within the U.S.
- Scam Shield Premium
- Only lines that include MAXUp will experience the benefits.
- When you add MAXUp to every talk & text line on your account you may want to switch to a Magenta MAX family plan.
- Individual services – Scam Shield Premium and In-Flight Connection On Us – cannot be deactivated or removed from this feature.
- Up to 4K UHD video streaming requires activation via the T-Mobile app or by logging in to T-Mobile.com.
To get MAXUp, you need to be on a Magenta® MAX, Magenta®, Magenta® Military, or Magenta® 55+ plan and then you can Manage your plan, features and services.
- Not yet on a qualifying plan or considering an upgrade to Magenta® MAX? Learn how to Manage your plan, features and services.
- New to T-Mobile? You can sign up at T-Mobile.com, by visiting a T-Mobile store, or by calling 1-800-TMOBILE.
If you have a MAXUp add-on on your account, you can turn on Up to 4K UHD video by following these steps. If there are multiple lines on an account that you want to add it to, you'll need to do this for each line.
From the T-Mobile app's MORE menu
- Open the T-Mobile app.
- Select MORE.
- Select Profile Settings, then Media Settings.
- At HD /4K UHD Video, toggle to ON.
From the T-Mobile app's ACCOUNT menu
- Log in to the T-Mobile app.
- Select Account on the menu.
- Select the desired line, then select Plan Details tab.
- Select Manage Data & Add-ons link.
- In the One-time Data Pass section, locate the HD/4K UHD Video pass option, and select the Manage HD link.
- Toggle the setting on to turn on your HD/Up to 4K UHD Video.
From T-Mobile.com's account menu
- Log in to T-Mobile.com.
- Open the My account menu.
- Select the Profile link.
- On the Profile page, select the line you want to enable HD/Up to 4K UHD Video on.
- Select Media Settings.
- Toggle the setting to turn it ON to enable HD / 4K UHD Video
From T-Mobile.com's Manage Add-ons menu
- Log in to T-Mobile.com.
- In the I want to section, select Manage Add-Ons.
- In the One-time Data Pass section, select the HD 24 Hour Pass radio button then select Continue.
- Review order and select Agree & Submit.
Things to know about Up to 4k UHD video
- Activating Up to 4K UHD video resolution only provides the ability to view higher resolution video streams by turning off video optimization. It doesn't change the actual, available resolution of streaming video. The video resolution isn't determined by T-Mobile, but rather it's determined by the video content provider (like YouTube or Netflix).
- Once you turn it on, Up to 4K UHD video streaming availability should take effect immediately, but it may require closing and re-opening the app or browser window, or restarting your device.
- Learn more about T-Mobile's Open Internet disclosures.
MAXUp General Terms: Postpaid only. Qualifying service required. Capable device required for some features. Activation required to deliver video streams at speeds that provide up to Ultra HD video capability (max 4K); some content providers may not stream their services in UHD. May affect speed of video downloads; does not apply to video uploads. Int’l Service: Standard speeds approx. 256 Kbps. Not for extended international use; you must reside in the U.S. and primary usage must occur on our U.S. network. Device must register on our U.S. network before international use. Service may be terminated or restricted for excessive roaming. Coverage not available in some areas; we are not responsible for our partners’ networks. Tethering: 40GB high-speed data then unlimited on our network at max 3G speeds. Scam Shield: Capable device req’d. Turning on Scam Block might block calls you want; disable any time. In-Flight: on U.S.-based airlines; Wi-Fi Calling functionality, valid e911 address, & 1 prior Wi-Fi call w/ current SIM card req’d for messaging. Where available on select U.S. airlines.
Was this helpful?