MAXUp provides extra benefits on top of what you're already getting when you have a Magenta® plan. Get 40GB, 50GB or 100GB of high-speed mobile hotspot data and you can activate up to 4k UHD streaming. You’ll also get 2x data speeds in 210+ countries and destinations and Scam Shield Premium. All these benefits are available on any new or existing Magenta® line. To add MAXUp to your account, visit My T-Mobile or the T-Mobile app.
On this page:
You can amp up the standard Magenta experience on your device by adding MAXUp for an additional cost. Here's what you get in addition to everything Magenta offers for your Phone:
- Unlimited Premium Data
- Up to 4K UHD streaming in the US
- 40GB, 50GB or 100GB of high-speed mobile hotspot data with unlimited 3G data
- 2x the data speed abroad - In 210+ countries and destinations (approx. 256 kbps)
- Unlimited in-flight Wi-Fi and texting on Gogo®-enabled flights to, from, or within the U.S.
- Scam Shield Premium
- Only lines that include MAXUp will experience the benefits.
- When you add MAXUp to every talk & text line on your account you may want to switch to a Magenta MAX family plan.
- Individual services – Scam Shield Premium and Gogo in-flight – cannot be deactivated or removed from this feature.
- Up to 4K UHD video streaming requires activation via the My T-Mobile site or T-Mobile app.
To get MAXUp, you need to be on a Magenta®, Magenta® Military, Magenta® 55+, or Magenta® MAX plan and then you can Change your services.
- Not yet on a Magenta® plan? Learn how to Change your plan.
- Already on Magenta® and looking to upgrade to Magenta® MAX? Give us a call at 1-800-TMOBILE or learn how to Change your plan.
- New to T-Mobile? You can sign up online at T-Mobile.com, by visiting a T-Mobile store, or by calling 1-800-TMOBILE.
If you have a MAXUp add-on on your account, you can turn on Up to 4K UHD video by following these steps. If there are multiple lines on an account that you want to add it to, you'll need to do this for each line.
To activate from the T-Mobile app
There are multiple options/methods to enable:
Enable via MORE menu
- Open the T-Mobile app.
- Tap MORE.
- Tap Profile Settings >Media Settings.
- To the right of HD /4K UHD Video, slide the toggle to turn it ON.
Enable via ACCOUNT menu
- Log in to the T-Mobile app.
- Click Accounton the bottom menu.
- Select the desired line, then select Plan Details tab.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select Manage Data & Add-ons link.
- Under One-time Data Pass, click the Manage HD link next to the HD/4K UHD Video pass.
- Slide the toggle to turn on your HD/Up to 4K UHD Video.
To activate from My T-Mobile
There are multiple options/methods to add a pass via My T-Mobile
Add via My account menu
- Go to My T-Mobile and log in to your account.
- Open the My account drop-down menu.
- Select the Profile link.
- On the Profile page, select the line for which you want to enable the HD/Up to 4K UHD Video feature.
- Select Media Settings.
- To the right of HD / 4K UHD Video, slide the toggle to turn it ON.
Add via Manage Add-ons menu
- Go to My T-Mobile and log in to your account.
- Under I want to, click Manage Add-Ons.
- Under One-time Data Pass, select the HD 24 Hour Pass radio button then scroll down and click Continue.
- Review order and click Agree & Submit.
Things to know about Up to 4k UHD video
- Activating Up to 4K UHD video resolution only provides the ability to view higher resolution video streams by turning off video optimization. It doesn't change the actual, available resolution of streaming video. The video resolution isn't determined by T-Mobile, but rather it's determined by the video content provider (like YouTube or Netflix).
- Once you turn it on, Up to 4K UHD video streaming availability should take effect immediately, but it may require closing and re-opening the app or browser window, or restarting your device.
- Learn more about T-Mobile's Open Internet disclosures.
MAXUp General Terms: Postpaid only. Qualifying service required. Capable device required for some features. Activation required to deliver video streams at speeds that provide up to Ultra HD video capability (max 4K); some content providers may not stream their services in UHD. May affect speed of video downloads; does not apply to video uploads. Int’l Service: Standard speeds approx. 256 Kbps. Not for extended international use; you must reside in the U.S. and primary usage must occur on our U.S. network. Device must register on our U.S. network before international use. Service may be terminated or restricted for excessive roaming. Coverage not available in some areas; we are not responsible for our partners’ networks. Tethering: 40GB high-speed data then unlimited on our network at max 3G speeds. Scam Shield: Capable device req’d. Turning on Scam Block might block calls you want; disable any time. Gogo: on U.S.-based airlines; Wi-Fi Calling functionality, valid e911 address, & 1 prior Wi-Fi call w/ current SIM card req’d for messaging.
Was this helpful?