If you're interested in signing up for or switching to a T-Mobile 55+ plan, check your eligibility and learn how to verify your status. Learn more about all of our plans.
We'll need to verify that you are eligible for a Magenta 55+ or Essentials 55+ plan using the steps in the next section.
- If you are new to T-Mobile, call 1-800-TMOBILE or go to your nearest T-Mobile store to activate a Magenta 55+ or Essentials 55+ plan.
- If you already have a T-Mobile account, contact us to change your plan to a Magenta 55+ or Essentials 55+ plan.
- If the Billing Responsible Party (BRP) on your plan is not 55 years old or older, you will need to complete a Change of Responsibility. See Transfer account or line ownership for more information.
- The Billing Responsible Party must be 55 years old or older to qualify.
- A valid government-issued ID must be provided at the time of activation or plan change to verify eligibility.
- US and Puerto Rico residents, 55 years or older.
- Proof of age is required.
- Maximum of one Unlimited 55 account per Social Security Number. Multiple accounts with 1 - 4 line versions of this plan are not allowed.
Who's not eligible?
- Accounts that the Billing Responsible Party is not verified to be at least 55 years old
- Business, Government, or Prepaid accounts.
- Individuals who have or need more than four lines.
As the Billing Responsible Party, your age needs to be verified if you've already signed up for the Magenta 55+ or Essentials 55+ plan or if you are interested in adding it. Verify your age within 45 days from activation or plan change, otherwise, your plan will be switched to the standard plan version and risk a price increase of up to $20 per line.
Verify your eligibility by visiting a T-Mobile store with a valid government-issued ID, and we will walk you through the process.
T-Mobile will accept numerous forms of verification that list your date of birth. Examples of acceptable government-issued IDs include:
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License issued by the DMV with photo
- Valid ID Card issued by the DMV
- U.S. issued passport (passport cards are not accepted)
Was this helpful?