We've made it easier than ever to make the switch to T-Mobile. When you switch to T-Mobile from an eligible carrier we’ll reimburse your previous carrier's remaining device payment balance and up to $800 per line via virtual prepaid Mastercard (max of 5 per account), when you activate a new voice line, bring (port) your number to the new line, and submit proof of your eligible device financing.
On this page:
To participate in Keep and Switch, you need to meet the following requirements:
- Port in your number and activate a new voice line
- You’ll need to port in your number and activate a new voice line of service.
- Port-in must be from Verizon, AT&T, UScellular, Claro, Xfinity Mobile, Spectrum Mobile, or Liberty (Puerto Rico).
- This offer is not available to port-ins from Sprint, Prepaid carriers including T-Mobile Prepaid and Metro by T-Mobile, free Google Voice services, and all MVNOs using T-Mobile’s network.
- This offer is also not available to port-ins of numbers that have been used with T-Mobile service within the past 90 days.
- Bring an eligible phone
- You'll need to bring an eligible phone
- For the full list of devices, check Step 1 on the Keep and Switch page.
- Submit your device financing details and/or final bill
- You'll need to submit an image of the financing details, including carrier, device make & model, financing tenure, mobile number, and payoff amount.
- You’ll need to have had a device payment plan with your current carrier for at least 90 days and you’ve made at least three successful minimum payments.
If you submitted a mobile number for reimbursement, and you then did a port-out to another carrier, you are eligible to participate in Keep and Switch or Carrier Freedom again only if two years have passed since the date of the first reimbursement payout.
You’ll need to complete the activation and port-in with your new phone prior to submitting for reimbursement.
Ready to redeem
If you’ve completed the activation and port-in and you have images of your device financing details and/or final bill information captured, you’re ready to follow these steps to perform the online reimbursement submission.
- Go to the Switch to T-Mobile site and scroll down to the Keep and Switch offer.
- Enter your phone number, select GET STARTED, and sign in using your T-Mobile ID. You may be prompted to complete special verification steps, so check out Two-step verification security for details if so.
- T-Mobile For Business, you should sign-in to their T-Mobile ID through Account HUB.
- Under FINDING THE RIGHT SWITCHING OFFER:
- In the drop-down, Select Voice, or High-speed internet.
- In the next drop-down, Select Reimbursement Type: Device Financing Reimbursement or Early Termination Fee Reimbursement.
- In the drop-down, Select Previous Carrier, then select CONTINUE.
- Read the "Terms & Conditions" including trade-in eligibility requirements and then select the check box next to "I have read and agree to the Terms & Conditions of this promotion". Select CONTINUE.
- On the next page, you'll need to "Select which numbers (max of 5 redemptions per account) you'd like to submit for Keep and Switch". Select the box next to each line you want to submit for the selected reimbursement offer.
- You'll need to Select a Contact Phone Number. This is the phone number that is used to notify you once your reimbursement submission is approved or if there are any issues with the submission.
- T-Mobile For Business, you will get an input box to manually type in each number you are submitting redemption for.
- Under Contact Phone Number, "Select Number" in the drop-down. Select CONTINUE.
- On the next page, are the 3 Steps To Submit For Pay Off:
- How to submit your payoff information: Customer gathers screenshots for each device being submitted.
- Upload an image of each phone number:
- Upload screenshots of final bill and/or device financing details page for each selected phone number.
- Accepted image formats: .pdf, .jpg, or .png
- Image limits: up to 5 MB per image and a max of 15 images
- The name and address on the final bill does NOT have to match the info on your My T-Mobile account.
- Select SUBMIT for processing. Please allow up to 3 days for a status update.
- After the submission is finished processing, the page will display a message letting you know if your reimbursement was approved. (If it wasn't approved, it means an error was found during the submission process, and a T-Mobile rep will contact you shortly to help you with the process.)
You can check the status of a submission by logging in to the T-Mobile Redemption Center and selecting Check Status.
Device Financing reimbursements
Here are some important things to know about device financing reimbursements:
- After submitting for reimbursement, you should know within 3 days if your submission was successful. Allow 15 days after meeting all requirements to receive your reimbursement.
- The device you're trading in must be the one on the device financing agreement from your previous carrier.
- The trade-in device must be received and pass inspection before the device financing reimbursement will be issued.
- Max reimbursement per line is $800.
- In order to be eligible for device financing reimbursement under this promotion:
- You must have had an eligible locked phone on installment plans with your previous carrier for at least 90 days, and
- You must have made at least three payments toward that installment plan.
- Not included in reimbursements: taxes on device financing and any current or past due monthly service charges.
When you should expect to receive your reimbursement
- Reimbursement generally takes place 15 days after the submission is approved and trade-in per line is received.
- Prepaid virtual cards are sent via a text message typically within 24-48 hours after the Day 15 date. If you don't get the message, you can access your prepaid virtual card information by checking your submission status page.
Didn't receive or lost your Virtual Card SMS?
If you never received the SMS, or if you did but accidentally deleted it, you can still get your virtual card info by following these steps:
- Go to T-Mobile's Redemption Center.
- Select GET STARTED.
- Sign in to My T-Mobile with your T-Mobile ID.
- On the 'Submission Status' page, select the one that states PAID. This will expand it to get more information for that submission.
- Select REDEEM VIRTUAL CARD. You can also use the step by step walk through of this process found on our Switchers overview.
- Confirm the mobile number.
- Accept the terms and conditions.
- Once registered, a page displays your virtual card information.
Legal Disclaimer: Limited time offer; subject to change. Qualifying device, credit, service, and port-in (Verizon, AT&T, Spectrum, Claro, Xfinity, Liberty, or US Cellular) required. You must unlock device before port-out; ask us how. Device balance (incl. lease purchase option) up to $800 paid by virtual prepaid Mastercard (no cash access & expires in 6 months) which you can use online or in-store via accepted mobile payment apps, typically within 15 days. Tax excluded. Submit proof of balance & 90+ days in good standing with carrier & device within 30 days of port-in and be active and in good standing when processed; allow up to 15 days. Devices previously used for Keep and Switch are not eligible. We might ask for more information. Up to 5 lines. One offer per subscriber. T-Mobile Prepaid Mastercard is rebate/reimbursement or exchange on port-in; for any tax implications, consult a tax advisor. No money has been paid by you for the card. Card is issued by Sunrise Banks N.A., Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Mastercard International Incorporated. Mastercard is a registered trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated. Use of this card constitutes acceptance of the terms and conditions stated in the Cardholder Agreement.
Was this helpful?