Get help with GPS and maps.
Steps for all issues
- Check that your device has the latest software update using our tutorials.
- Install all available updates from your app store and restart the device.
- Turn on GPS using our tutorials and go outside where you have a clear view of the sky.
- When turning on GPS initially, it can take up to five minutes for the phone to find your location.
- Stay outdoors while you're troubleshooting and testing.
- Remove any cases or covers.
- In the web browser, open a few web pages to check your Internet connection. If there is no Internet, follow No Internet troubleshooting instead.
- If you're roaming domestically, make sure you still have domestic roaming data available.
- Check the maps provider to ensure they aren't experiencing an outage, like with Apple System Status.
- If you're still having problems, reset the device to factory settings.
Was this helpful?