Get help if you're locked out of your device. If you are trying to unlock your device to use with other carriers, visit T-Mobile device unlock.
Can't unlock your device
- If you are receiving SIM card or PUK errors, check PUK and SIM error troubleshooting.
- Turn off Bluetooth. If you can't, turn off all connected Bluetooth devices.
- Make sure your password or PIN locks are entered correctly. For example, make sure caps lock is off.
- For fingerprint recognition:
- Clean and dry the fingerprint scanner and your finger.
- Use the same finger that you used during setup.
- Touch and hold the sensor. If you do this too quickly, it may not have time to capture your finger.
- Do not have any security features like Find my Device or Find my Mobile activated.
- Enter your Backup PIN or choose Forgot Password if available.
- Android devices:
- Log in to the device's connected Gmail on a computer to make sure you have the correct information.
- On your device, choose Forgot Pattern on the lock screen.
- Enter your Gmail username and password.
- Record your new pattern.
- Apple devices check out Apple Support for additional support.
- If your device is still locked, follow our tutorial to complete an external master reset using the hardware keys.
- For Android and Apple devices, try to sign in to your account again. If you still cannot sign in, create a new account or contact the provider.
Was this helpful?