Get help if you can't transfer files between your device and computer.
Steps for all issues
- Make sure you're using the cable that came with your device. Some cables can charge your phone, but not connect to a computer.
- Unlock the device screen. Some device locks may require you to unlock the phone for security.
- Restart the device and your computer.
- Check that your device has the latest software update using our tutorials.
- Inspect the USB or charging port. If it's damaged, contact the manufacturer to ask about a repair.
- Make sure the plug goes all the way into the port. If your case comes close to the port, you may need to remove it.
- Try plugging the USB cable into different USB ports on the computer. Certain ports may not work.
- For Android devices, make sure Developer Options or USB debugging are turned off.
- Try another computer.
- If it works, contact the computer manufacturer for help.
- If it doesn't work on another computer, perform a master reset.
Was this helpful?