Beginning February 25, Nokia Lumia 925 devices will receive a notification to update to the latest software version, Windows Phone 8.1/ Software version 3051.50009.1451.0018. This update provides features and improvements
Important: If you receive the error 'Update needs more space' while performing the software update, see: Update needs more space.
Check the software version
To check the current software version, follow these steps:
- From the home screen, swipe left to Applications.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap About.
- Tap More Info.
- Read the firmware revision number on the phone, and check it below:
|Firmware revision number||Status|
Your software is up to date. There are no updates available.
This document will be updated if and when new software is available.
Your phone can update to software version 3051.50009.1451.0018:
If the update fails, see: Software update troubleshooting.
Your phone has non-T-Mobile software, and it is unsupported. The manufacturer and T-Mobile cannot update your software.
To be able to update to the current software version, the below requirements must be met:
- 50% or higher battery life
- Wi-Fi or data connection
- 529 MB available memory (File size of update: 529 MB)
Update automatically Over-The-Air (OTA)
This software update will be available to your phone after February 20, 2014. Your phone will notify you when it is ready to update. Follow the on-scren prompts to complete the OTA update. If your phone has not received an OTA message, see Software update: Download below.
To check for updates and download the update from the Microsoft servers, follow these steps:
- Connect to a Wi-Fi network. You cannot perform this update over the mobile network.
- From the Home screen, swipe left.
- Scroll to and tap Settings.
- Touch phone update.
- Touch check for updates.
- Follow on screen prompts.
- Wait as your phone restarts and updates.