Use this page to transfer files between a device, SD card, or computer. Many devices do not have an SD card option, such as Apple devices.
These are universal steps and you should refer back to the manufacturer or User Guide for device specific steps.
Android - LG
- Select File Manager > All Files.
- Select Internal storage.
- Navigate to the desired file or folders you want to move to your SD card.
- Select the manage files icon (down-arrow).
- Select the check box by each desired folder.
- Select SD card.
- Navigate inside your SD card to where you want to move the files or folders.
- Select Move.
Android - Samsung
- From any Home screen, select Apps.
- Select My Files.
- Select Device storage.
- Navigate inside your device storage to the files you want to move to your external SD card.
- Select MORE, then select Edit.
- Place a check next to the files you wish to move.
- Select MORE, then select Move.
- Select SD memory card.
- Navigate inside your external memory card to where you want to move the files or folders.
- Select Move to.
- To copy the file, select Paste here.
These are universal steps for devices using Windows Autoplay. Depending on the computer and the device, some menu names or functions will vary.
- Using the USB cable that came with your phone, connect the phone to the computer.
- If necessary, on the phone select the Status bar, move it down to open the Notification screen, select USB connected, then select USB for ... notification.
- On your computer, Windows Autoplay will connect to the device. Choose Open folder to view files > OK when the prompt appears. Other transfer options may appear depending on what software you have on the computer, such as Samsung Kies, Microsoft apps, etc.
- When the Removable Disk window appears, choose Open folder to view files > OK. Multiple file folders (which are on your phone) will appear:
- One folder has files saved in your phone memory.
- One folder has files saved on your SD card.
- Locate the folder that contains files saved on your SD card and select it.
- Copy and paste files between the computer and SD card.
- When done, safely disconnect your phone from the computer (such as selecting the Disconnect from PC option).
To transfer files, you must use Android File Transfer.
Follow the steps available in Transfer files between your Mac in iTunes and iOS apps.
Was this helpful?